Sponsored by:

Wanted - 20-24' Enclosed trailer

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:49 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryW
I know how steep the slope is. But yes - enclosed is the next step (followed by the new tow vehicle etc etc etc as John says !)
If that really is the case then go with a 24'.

Here is my 24' without the car and then loaded up ready to go. - You don't need fancy interior. This one came with white walls and bare wood floor. I painted the floor with a nice heavy duty epoxy porch paint and added in the front rack. I picked up used (1 year old) for $3250 which is a steal for trailer of this size.

Here you see where I keep the car. Everthing from the door forward is open for access with the car loaded up. There is also about 2-3 feet behind the car where I have taken a full size BBQ grill to Nationals last year.

In 20 footer the front bumper will be right in to the rack area. This extra 4 feet make loading/unloading easier as I can keep the car in the trailer and still fully load or unload it. I do not need to move the car to get to anything.

When the car is out I can set-up a couple cots in the trailer and sleep in there.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:04 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to take whatever comes up at the right price - I'd prefer a 24' and see how the B250 does with it. I do use a WD hitch for what its worth and will have one on any trailer I tow.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 188 Posts

Jerry, I am going to list this one on Craigslist for $7500 and take offers. I will sell it to a R lister for $6500. I have a triple axle 20 footer with an overhead storage rack the full length of the trailer for tires and such. The 20 footer is a 2000 Pace American with bare walls and floor selling for $3K. She is in good shape but needs tires and clean up. The triple axle is overkill but looks nice. It has Outside lights, electric tongue jack I bought it from a Chevy Parts dealer that did car shows.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:55 PM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by inverterman
Jerry, I am going to list this one on Craigslist for $7500 and take offers. I will sell it to a R lister for $6500. I have a triple axle 20 footer with an overhead storage rack the full length of the trailer for tires and such. The 20 footer is a 2000 Pace American with bare walls and floor selling for $3K. She is in good shape but needs tires and clean up. The triple axle is overkill but looks nice. It has Outside lights, electric tongue jack I bought it from a Chevy Parts dealer that did car shows.
Wow... Nice prices!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
If that really is the case then go with a 24'.

Here is my 24' without the car and then loaded up ready to go. - You don't need fancy interior. This one came with white walls and bare wood floor. I painted the floor with a nice heavy duty epoxy porch paint and added in the front rack. I picked up used (1 year old) for $3250 which is a steal for trailer of this size.
How much does your trailer come in at empty?? I have been looking at enclosed trailers out here in the Mid west (Ohio) looking for a used all aluminum trailer would like to find a 24 foot trailer coming in around 3500 empty.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:25 AM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by inverterman
Very nice prices.
Sounds like the 20 footer is more in my range. If my deal here in the bay area fall through I'll come knocking. I should know by mid week.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO once you go to the enclosed trailer setup bigger is better. When I dragged an open trailer I knew I could not keep stuff in/on it. However once the enclosed trailer came more bits started to gather and if one is good two must be better...........I understand the limitations of the tow vehicle but the min would be 24 IMO. I am still kicking myself I did not get a 45, trailer that is

It is a sickness.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:45 PM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by todinlaw
How much does your trailer come in at empty?? I have been looking at enclosed trailers out here in the Mid west (Ohio) looking for a used all aluminum trailer would like to find a 24 foot trailer coming in around 3500 empty.
Mine is about 3700 empty per the mfg specs. I have not tossed on a scale to find out. that is without the custom front bench area.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:13 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Update

Thought I'd provide an update on the quest.

I found a 24' V nose locally in reasonable condition and pulled the trigger on it.

The van was able to cope with the trailer ok when I towed up to Thunderhill - but it was only OK. So the wife was worried about the trip to nationals and made me buy the next picture.
Attached Images   
Old 09-04-2010, 04:33 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Smart wife, keep her.....

Remember to get the proper drop hitch (solid) to keep the trailer level when loaded. Moving the car forward/aft as little as a few inches can make a difference in how the trailer pulls.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:46 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Smart wife, keep her.....

Remember to get the proper drop hitch (solid) to keep the trailer level when loaded. Moving the car forward/aft as little as a few inches can make a difference in how the trailer pulls.
Oh yes - fully intend to keep her

I've got a weight Distributing hitch and have reset it for the right height with the new truck. Did the tounge weight using a sherline scale so think I'm pretty set now. Love the way the Cummings pulls !
Old 09-05-2010, 08:35 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

My friend is still selling this trailer-

"I have a triple axle 20 footer with an overhead storage rack the full length of the trailer for tires and such. The 20 footer is a 2000 Pace American with bare walls and floor selling for $3K. She is in good shape but needs tires and clean up. The triple axle is overkill but looks nice. It has Outside lights, electric tongue jack I bought it from a Chevy Parts dealer that did car shows."

Email INVERTERMAN
see post above
Old 09-05-2010, 09:05 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by VERBOTN
IMO once you go to the enclosed trailer setup bigger is better. When I dragged an open trailer I knew I could not keep stuff in/on it. However once the enclosed trailer came more bits started to gather and if one is good two must be better...........I understand the limitations of the tow vehicle but the min would be 24 IMO. I am still kicking myself I did not get a 45, trailer that is

It is a sickness.
no kidding
my first was 20'
3 months later, it became 24'
now i would like a 28'
Old 09-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Nice saga with a happy ending. Wife sounds like a keeper!
I'd wait a few months before talking about a Kenworth and stacker trailer.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 AM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by JerryW
Oh yes - fully intend to keep her

I've got a weight Distributing hitch and have reset it for the right height with the new truck. Did the tounge weight using a sherline scale so think I'm pretty set now. Love the way the Cummings pulls !
Good call!

Quick Reply: Wanted - 20-24' Enclosed trailer