Backup Camera

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:35 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Backup Camera

My wife bought me a cheap audiovox backup camera for Christmas. It worked great for 6 weeks and really made hitching up the trailer a breeze. It has now died and I got used to the luxury of having one.

What recommendations do you guys have for one. Tow Vehicle is a 91 Dodge Van 250 if it makes any difference. I'd prefer wireless but would have no problems running a hard wire system. There is no existing Monitor (DVD/Nav etc) so would need a complete system.

thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have been wanting to get one for my truck too, so I will be interested in seeing what people say.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:26 AM
turbobrat930
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a diesel pusher RV, and am also looking to upgrade my back up camera system, as mine is still the older black&white system. I have went to Camping World and a few other places. One I saw the prices, I thought they had a Porsche part number...OMG, They were close to 2 grand!! holy crap!!! I stumbled upon this site in a post from one of the RV forums... I have not ordered from them yet, but when I do upgrade in the next month or so.. this is the place I will be getting mine from...

http://www.rearviewsystems.com/

Hope that helps your search....

Brad
Old 04-30-2010, 09:44 AM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Heck, go out to amazon.com and search on rear view cameras or back up cameras. I have seen some for 30 bucks or less. I mean, do you really need color for a backup camera? I've also seen one at wall mart for 50 bucks.

tom
Old 04-30-2010, 10:21 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

I tend to like things integrated and had my local stereo shop do the install. The screen is mounted where the cupholder used to be and the system has a selector switch (next to integrated V1) that allows me to toggle from: bumper to inside trailer to rear of trailer. Works well all bills are Alpine.
Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Are you considering a DVD/nav system or do you just want an inexpensive back up system? If the former, I have been looking at the Kenwood DNX 9140 ($1,600. Kenwood sells less pricey ones) and the Alpine INA W900 ($1,000). Kenwood makes a fantastic, jewel-like back up camera (can be used with the Alpine, I believe).
Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 AM
techno99
Racer

At the recommendation of the local trailer guy, I'm thinking about picking up a Swift Hitch.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:24 AM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

No - not looking at a dvd/nav - just a backup camera. Looking for something that will last though.

Quick Reply: Backup Camera