Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Chase cam with data system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010 | 10:56 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Default New Chase cam with data system?

Anybody getting the new Chase cam data combo system? Im looking at getting a new setup and this looks nice...

I have talked to one person that has seen it but no real world reports.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 03-23-2010 | 11:04 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Seen it and was able to see the software in action working the data. The overlay is great, but the comparison/crunching ability of the software is very rudimentary. While it's just a 'software update' away I would wait until that happened before going with it.
Old 03-24-2010 | 03:36 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2010 | 03:02 AM
kgorman
Drifting

One item to note is the data is saved via the DM10 module is on the CF card along with the video and automatically recognized by the software when it's uploaded. That is a very nice feature. It requires the very latest software update here: http://www.chasecam.com/sw/01_02_09/update.bin. The DM10 is also a nice way to upgrade a PDR100 to add in data analysis at a low cost.
Old 03-25-2010 | 05:08 PM
realride
Rennlist Member

here is a sample of mine.
http://vimeo.com/10216643

ben
Old 03-25-2010 | 05:32 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Yes, are we talking about the DM10 or the Chase Commander.

The DM10 uses the AIM dashware software and it if fairly nice. The Chase Commander uses RLC's data and it is fairly rudimentary. Also, the DM10 can do overlays, but the Chase Commander can not. You need to use a separate program like the Aim Dashware or Trackvision (Trackvisiion does not currently support the RLC unit, but they are working on it for me)

If you want the Chase Commander and better evaluation software, you can buy the AIM dashware and it will work with it (you would need to go into the RLC software and export specifically for the dashware software). But, that also will cost you another ($200 ?).

I bought the chase commander because I wanted the linked video. I may end up buying the Dashware software (especailly if Trackvision does not come through for me). Then I get the dash overlays and the better evaluation. Heck, might just buy the DM10 for $500 and it comes with the Dashware software already.

Anyway.

I got the Chase Commander because it has the dash with the predictive lap timing. I think that is the greatest thing. You get to see the imediate results of minor tweeks to your line as you are living it. Then, look at it later.

I have not yet used the unit on track, just got it Tuesday, but I have hooked it all up in my truck and driven around the block 20 times.

Ed
Old 03-26-2010 | 03:25 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Cool, thanks guys. I need all the info I can get so I make a good choice as this is all new to me.

Ill read all this again and look the sight over before I buy.

Only want to do this once...

Jeff
Old 03-26-2010 | 03:26 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by realride
here is a sample of mine.
http://vimeo.com/10216643

ben
Great video. Thanks, enjoyed that. Thats basically what I want but want the dash for the predictave stuff as well. I think that would be very helpfull from lap to lap in a practice session.
Basically come around and try something differnet and see what it shows. Cool stuff.

Jeff

Quick Reply: New Chase cam with data system?