Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left foot braking.......Yeah or Nay?........

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 827 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
With your permission I will post a data trace of what is going on so the debate can continue.
Absolutely, go for it and thanks again for sharing from your bag of tricks and rescuing me from the Blue Group.

BTW - packing up one day early got me enough goodwill for another whole track weekend with my better half!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:49 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Below is a direct run comparison on a wet race track. Conditions were constant during the day. misting rain and overcast. No puddles, just continuous wet surface.
Red trace speed, Yellow Long Gs, dk purple Lat Gs for LFB practice.

Violet-speed, lt grn long G, lt purple lat G using traditional style driving lat apex with throttle application at the apex (or close to).

If you look at the delta time differential on the long Gs you will see a much quicker transition from Gas to brake and a surprising lack of ABS activation. If you look at the grip in LatGs you will seee much higher loading available through the entire corner. Higher mid-corner speeds and the bonus was better exit from instant throttle on application. Frank is still learning this, but I thought he earned an A+ on adapting.

Disclaimer: I do not endorse attempting this without proper guidance and work closely with someone who can first know your ability before even suggesting it.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Left foot braking.......Yeah or Nay?........