Shock advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Thanks for the advice.

It's a lot to absorb. Ha! Get it!? Absorb! Shocks!

Man I'm funny.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:36 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hunt, I talked with SRP to see what they recommended based on the planned spring rates and car weight. The bars were right on the money. from my limited experience needing a lot of sway bar = something else is not right. Sways are more for fine tune rather than problem correction. They can be cranked in or out to mask other problems but doing so only moves the problem around. Over using bar to counter push on entry will make for over steer on exit or the like.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

I've lost the sizes what with all the numbers flying around

What size was Smart recommending?

I have gotten a recommendation to go 23/31 on tbars with 27/24 sways front to rear.

Sound right?

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:56 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Streak,

I have a set up similar to what you are after. I had my stock Bilsteins revalved by Smart Racing to match the TB/suspension set up. They were done in a few weeks. It seems like there is some ebb and flow to their work load. I have been very happy with the package.

Like you are thinking just get done what you can dollarwise and get it done right when you can to complete your suspension system. You will certainly be able to drive just fine for a few months as you get the bucks together. Just pedal faster. Something to look forward to as you progress your ride.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:55 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hunt,

Your t-bar sizes look right, but not the sways. I have 23/31 t-bars, and got that recommendation from all the Dan Jacobs customers. You may want to go 23/32 because of your heavier engine, but your rear is not as heavy as a G-50 car, so you may want to talk to Smart Racing, Elephant, or Dan Jacobs for their recommendation.

The sways I have head about have been Smart Racing's 31 front and 27 rear. Start with the 31s at the mid setting and the rears full loose, then tune from there. That is my plan anyway, and has been confirmed by several Dan Jacobs guys. For now, however, the 22mm Weltmeisters will remain.

Quick Reply: Shock advice needed