Sponsored by:

Street car import from Europe

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Street car import from Europe

Guys, I have imported Cup and RSR cars from Europe to the US as RACE cars but I am wondering if anyone here has successfully imported a Club Sport version of either a 964 or 993 and registered it for STREET USE.
If yes, can you please post about your experience or PM me if you'd rather not put this in public.
I had a 964 RS/CS with a wide body and a Schmirler motor that i really miss (I was living in the UK) and I would love to get another one here (Villanova, PA)
TIA
JM
Old 03-09-2010, 01:53 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jean-Marc, I do not have his contact... but if you can find a way to lookup Steve Patee (sp?) (was in TX) he has done exactly what you're proposing multiple times. I spoke to Steve a few years back when looking at early 964 RSs/cups and he was very informative.

Anyone have a line to Steve?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Steve Patti. I believe Steve is down in the New Braunfels, Texas region. You can find him on LinkedIn. He had a very nice 2000 GT3 ClubSport that he had imported and I think federalized. You could also reach out to Bruce Canepa at Canepa Designs as he has federalized a number of 959's.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Steve Patti. I believe Steve is down in the New Braunfels, Texas region. You can find him on LinkedIn. He had a very nice 2000 GT3 ClubSport that he had imported and I think federalized. You could also reach out to Bruce Canepa at Canepa Designs as he has federalized a number of 959's.
I will look for Steve! Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Street car import from Europe