Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dennis Macchio........

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've known Dennis for a thousand years, he was one of my original mentors back at Bridgehampton. He coached a guy named John Fillipakis at the time, who went on to win the SCCA Runoffs in F/F under his guidance, as a rookie! He also nurtured Andy Lally, whom many of us know about because he stuck with it. Dennis has been running schools forever, and is a very accomplished F/2000 driver in his own rite. He's now down at NJMP, so I assume that's where you're considering, Paolo.
Dennis is a straight shooter, and comes from a background in education, so he's a very good communicator. I always relish a day with him, I say go for it.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:34 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you very much for all your responses.......

Waiting to hear from a couple different candidates......
Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 PM
911S3.6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paolo_
One more chime in for Dennis. He was my coach at VIR in 2001 when i got my SCCA license in Formula 2000. At the time he was racing a Van Diemen.
He's competed in the Skip Barber FF series; he was US Pro Formula Ford 1990 Champion;
IMSA Firehawk (Peugeot factory driver). Has set records at Watkins Glen, SCCA etc
He formed Hot Shoe Racing and bought Bertil Roos School from F1 racer Bertil Roos.

Dennis not only has the credentials, he has been a racer since 1983, and has an excellent temperment for teaching and communicating. He had been an economics professor in the UK and US prior to being a professional racer.

The best thing would be to call and talk to him - that will really help you make up your mind.

hope this helps_

Nic
Old 02-24-2010, 07:53 PM
911S3.6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paolo_
Oh yeah..........
If you can find the copies, Panorama ran a two part interview with Dennis titiled:
The Art of Driving. It is in the November 2006 and December 2006 issues.

Quick Reply: Dennis Macchio........