Sponsored by:

VDCA, BMW CR Race, Pca DE at RA

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default VDCA, BMW CR Race, Pca DE at RA

Wow, great event. Vintage Car Race, BMW Club Race and Porsche DE all in the same weekend. Liberal passing in the PCA DE, no issues and the last session for the PCA'ers was right at 1 hour, Great weekend, thanks VDCA for the invite.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:09 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you had a great time with some nice weather. my buddy eric was out there with a new to him tracked prepped e46 M3 for his 1st race. qualified 3rd then had a tire bouncing down the track going into turn one... big bummer
Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jenk12m
glad you had a great time with some nice weather. my buddy eric was out there with a new to him tracked prepped e46 M3 for his 1st race. qualified 3rd then had a tire bouncing down the track going into turn one... big bummer
Missed you! Well done event for all. Plenty of track time, great Saturday dinner party & John W's Graphite Lola was something to experience!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:58 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I checked it out on Saturday. Looked like a very nice event. I was not willing to gamble on the weather in Feb but it turned out to be a perfect weekend for driving, low to mid 60s and sunny. Some very interesting cars there.
Their passing rules look at lot like NASA's. Anywhere with a point by or a suggestion there of.

I was there for the BMW race on Sat. I guess the tire came off and stranded the driver somewhat out of view from the paddock.

Do they have race classes for Porsches?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I checked it out on Saturday. Looked like a very nice event. I was not willing to gamble on the weather in Feb but it turned out to be a perfect weekend for driving, low to mid 60s and sunny. Some very interesting cars there.
Their passing rules look at lot like NASA's. Anywhere with a point by or a suggestion there of.

I was there for the BMW race on Sat. I guess the tire came off and stranded the driver somewhat out of view from the paddock.

Do they have race classes for Porsches?
I believe VDCA rules are all cars as long as they are 1974 or older.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Originally Posted by chrisc
Missed you! Well done event for all. Plenty of track time, great Saturday dinner party & John W's Graphite Lola was something to experience!
naw i didnt make it to the track as i was out of town

Quick Reply: VDCA, BMW CR Race, Pca DE at RA