Old 02-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Grand-Am car contest finalist

Isn't this one of our own?

New Yorker Selected as First Pirelli 'Watch And Win' Finalist

Feb. 17, 2010

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Anthony Carbone Jr. suddenly saw the odds of his winning a customized Pirelli Tire/Dempsey Racing edition 2010 Mazda RX-8 R3 improve from "a million to one" to one in 11 following the recent Rolex 24 At Daytona.

Carbone was watching the opening round of the 2010 GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series presented by Crown Royal Cask No. 16, the Rolex 24 At Daytona, on SPEED when he saw a promotion for the beginning of the second season of the "Watch and Win" sweepstakes, a joint effort between Pirelli Tire North America, Mazda and GRAND-AM that gives fans the opportunity to win a Chip Foose designed car.

"I watch a lot of GRAND-AM racing on TV, and I remembered the contest," Carbone said. "When it popped up during the Rolex 24 I thought I'd take a shot. I knew it was probably one in a million with all the people watching, but like they say, you've got to be in it to win.

"I'm looking forward to seeing that car," added the account director at Adelhardt Construction in New York City. "Maybe I can win that, too."

One entrant selected from the entries at each race wins a trip to the Rolex Series season finale Sept. 11 at Miller Motorsports Park near Salt Lake City, Utah. An avid computer simulation racer, Carbone is looking forward to his first visit to the circuit, since he's very familiar with it.

"It's funny, because I was just saying over the winter that Miller must be a great place to race," Carbone said. "It hosts the NASA Nationals, and I race it a lot on sims. I do a lot of online sim racing, and we're always at that course. I can't wait to get out there."

A former drag racer, Carbone took up karting when he tired of traveling around the country, going in a straight line. He's raced karts at both Lime Rock Park and New Jersey Motorsports Park.

"Now that I've gone through karting, I'd like to get in a real race car," he said, and is looking to put together a package to race a spec Porsche or BMW next year.

Continuing with SPEED's live coverage of the Grand Prix of Miami on March 6 and the following 10 Rolex Series races, viewers will be shown a "Watch and Win" code word several times throughout the broadcast. Once fans see the code word, they simply need to log on to GRAND-AM.com/foose to enter the sweepstakes. One winner will be chosen following each of the first 11 races to receive a trip to the 2010 Rolex Series finale at Miller Motorsports Park, complete with airfare, hotel accommodations, all-access credentials and a chance to spend the day with Dempsey Racing. One of the 11 winners will take home the Pirelli Tire/Dempsey Racing edition 2010 Mazda RX-8 grand prize.

This marks the second consecutive season that Pirelli and SPEED have combined to offer a Foose-designed vehicle. Last year, Bruce Winn of Hubbard, Ore. won a Pirelli Tire Chip Foose edition 2009 Ford Flex prior to the Rolex Series season finale.

The Foose-designed Mazda RX-8 will be on display at the remaining Rolex Series events in 2010 as soon as it is completed. Fans in attendance at all GRAND-AM events will also have the opportunity to enter the sweepstakes at the race.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Do you think he would win and not post about it?
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...n-contest.html
Old 02-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Jeez, I even did a search and didn't find it

Quick Reply: Grand-Am car contest finalist