Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:20 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 701 Likes on 348 Posts
Default PCA Club Race at Road Atlanta Mar 26-28: REGISTRATION IS OPEN

Registration is open for the Peachstate Region PCA Club Race at historic Road Atlanta

Registration at www.clubregistration.net
Details at http://www.peachstatepca.org/driving...es/Page638.htm

From the Peachstate Website:

Road Atlanta is one of the most challenging tracks in North America offering 12 turns over rolling terrain. The course hosts several prominent automobile races each year including the Petite Le Mans, several Historic Races, SCCA races and others.

The Peachstate Club Race will again be a 3-day event featuring both sprint races and 90-minute Peachstate '225' endurance races.

For 2010, we are pleased to announce that David Murry Pro Coaching will be at our event. David will be hosting several presentations throughout the events, including the Chalk Talk, informal "coach's minutes" following driver meetings, and will be generally available for questions, setup help, racing tips. Since David’s home track is Road Atlanta, this is an exciting addition to the program!

If you have any questions regarding the event, please contact
Paul Phillips at Clubrace10@peachstatepca.org.

Also:

Peachstate Region is pleased to announce that in addition to the PCA Club Race, the 944 Cup series will be running in this event. If we receive 10 or more entrants for 944 Cup classes, a split start will be offered for the 944 Cup races.

An amateur race series dedicated to the front-engine watercooled Porsche with Regional and National Championships. Includes 2 classes: the Cup and Super Cup.

Eligible cars include front-engine water cooled Porsches legal for PCA A-F, SP1-2-3.

The rules are simple. Bring your race legal Stock, Prepared or SP class Porsche. Meet the designated weight and horsepower limits. Add a few series sponsor decals. You’re ready to race. Safety tech inspection and PCA CR License required.

For more information please contact:

Tim Pruitt, SouthEast Regional Director: prui2555@bellsouth.net
Dave Derecola, National Director: cup944@aol.com

or visit the web site at www.44cup.com.

So...who's going?!?!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 02-17-2010, 01:58 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Is there a DE or Test & Tune the day before the Club Race event?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Test & Tune Day - organized and managed by Road Atlanta

Thursday March 25th

Test Day Schedule

The Road Atlanta Motor Sports Group will be holding an open Test & Tune day at Road Atlanta

Pre-registration NOT Required
Registration Hours: Wednesday 5pm – 7pm, Thursday 7am
Rig Parking: Wednesday 5pm – Dark, Thursday 7am

The Test & Tune day is available to SCCA, Vintage, and PCA Club Race License holders. This is not a Porsche Club of America or Peachstate PCA sanctioned session. It will be open enrollment, in that reservations are not necessary, you can register on the Thursday morning. There will NOT be any advanced registration, folks can arrive and sign up there. No worries about selling out for that day. They will take any licensed driver. i.e. Club Race license etc.

Registration for the T&T will begin about 5pm on Wednesday, the 25th. Paddock access for rig parking will also begin at 5pm. Registration will be open until 7pm Wednesday and will reopen at 7am on Thursday, till things slow down. The cost for the T&T day will be {TBD}. Road Atlanta will offer half and quarter day rates as well.

The sessions during the day will be run as per the Club Race run groups using the same race classifications. It is estimated that the full day schedule will provide approx. 1.5 hrs of track time per group.

Please Note: The Test & Tune day is organized and managed by Road Atlanta and is not affiliated with Peachstate Region PCA or The Porsche Club of America.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

You don't need it.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:41 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Fred, I hope you are there. I've signed up and am trying my darndest to have the Spec Boxster ready.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 701 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Fred, I hope you are there. I've signed up and am trying my darndest to have the Spec Boxster ready.
SPBOX? Really? Great! there's a guy down here that is just finishing up building one with his first race in it probably being Road Atlanta. Maiden voyage is Mar 6-7 at CMP.

I'll be there, but doesn't look like I'll be racing unfortunately. The race budget is on a complete freeze at the moment....
Old 02-18-2010, 09:35 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll be there. What a Track! Most courage required of all the tracks in the East... Building up my bravery...
Old 02-18-2010, 09:44 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Charlie, how are you getting down there? I am thinking about driving down and convoy is always easier!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spec Boxster? What made you go that route? I hope you have it there, I want to check it out. I will be there helping some guys, not bringing my car.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there...looking forward to it.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:14 AM
FredC
Drifting

Right now, it is the plan.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:17 AM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm in.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chris M.
You don't need it.
my rookie race was at Road Atlanta... I remember the color of my white underwear after every session. I was almost happy to miss out the enduro because of a blown tranny... I am still afraid of that track... Bringing black underwear this year.

Last edited by FredC; 02-19-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:16 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DanR
Charlie, how are you getting down there? I am thinking about driving down and convoy is always easier!
I'll be towing down. Convoys are fun, but I do not find them to be fast. I will likely do the trip in stages, at least on the way down as my in-laws live 4 hours into the trip. Perhaps on the way back?

Yes, all, Spec Boxster. It wasn't really my idea, just so many people bailed on GTC1 I had to look for competition. I settled on Spec Boxster because many folks were going there and I really like spec classes for racing (GTC1 was effectively a spec class, too).

Bob, as for shakedown, Road Atlanta IS my shakedown! The car won't be ready much before I load it up and head down. Am I crazy? I guess we all know already that I am...
Old 02-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

so jealous

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race at Road Atlanta Mar 26-28: REGISTRATION IS OPEN