Sponsored by:

Info Wanted: BLK Cayman S at POC/Willow Springs on 2/13

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Info Wanted: BLK Cayman S at POC/Willow Springs on 2/13

If anyone has information on this car, or can put me in contact with the owner, I'd appreciate it.

Took these pictures on Saturday at the POC event at Willow Springs; want to know what the car is capable of and it looked llike it had the right parts.
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The car is actually dark green.

The owner can be found on Planet 9 (www.planet-9.com) under the screen name Jcay. You can also PM me with your e-mail and I will forward to him.

The car is probably capable of a 1:32 or so. Jcay ran a 1:36 in his TT, but is early in his driving career.

My similar LI class Cayman S ran a 1:32.0 last year at the same weight (running R6 vs. JCay's 888s).

Attached is a picture of what the LI car looks like now in CaymanSpec configuration. We ran a 1:29.0 on Saturday morning. There should be a bit more there as we get it set up.

Cheers,

Bottom Photo: Cathy Robson
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2010, 01:32 AM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for the response (you'll see I have followed up with him directly on the other site). Thanks again!

And I did see your car at the track as well, wish I could have stuck around and see it run!

Take care.
-Dan
Old 02-16-2010, 03:01 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hijack here to ask how bad the surface is at Willow. Been probably five years since I hauled the Radical and a 911 down there; might try sometime this year.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Hijack here to ask how bad the surface is at Willow. Been probably five years since I hauled the Radical and a 911 down there; might try sometime this year.
No problem on the hi-jack, as the OP already found his answer.

The surface has not chnaged much is the last few years - still pretty abrasive. This year it is a bit slick in places as much of the rubber is gone from rains over the winter.

It seems as though the bumps in eight are getting worse. Maybe from soil expansion following the recent rains. Turn 1 was quite bumpy as well.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Info Wanted: BLK Cayman S at POC/Willow Springs on 2/13