Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danica First NASCAR Race Recap

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Danica fan here too, and great respect for her as a racer. Most importantly, as a Pro (commercially) she's doing great. It had never crossed my mind I (as many fellow RLsiters) would ever watch an ARCA race!!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:04 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was that the only ARCA race she planned on doing in prep for the Nationwide series?

I don't know much about ARCA, but one of the ladies that crashed out was a also a chiropractor. Are many of the drivers full time pros or is it more like the Grand Am series, where there's a lot of weekend rich guy racers?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:11 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Always try to catch that Daytona ARCA season opener since it's an actual race to have on if I'm out at the shop. And it's usually a high carnage event since upwards of half the field has never driven a superspeedway. Kids with daddy's money thinking they'll be the next Johnson/Earnhardt/Waltrip/Etc. to the journeymen (like the winner) who make a nice career running at that level. Mix in the Danica/Piquet/Duno/wannamoveuptoCupinstantly "pros" and it's pretty entertaining. As will the truck race Friday night.

To put the "what's Danica done" comment of Landjet to rest--how many non-Ganassi/Penske guys have won in IRL since her win? Teammate Kanaan, Hunter-Reay and Wilson.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:15 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
Land Jet, just please, for the love of God, get over it.
+1
Old 02-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
Land Jet, just please, for the love of God, get over it.
I'm not the one with the fever. Facts back up what I have stated.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 AM
KS-CS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
She wins one race in her whole career, big deal. If hanging in the middle of the pack your entire racing life is what you guys want to slobber over yourselves about, have at it.
#1 Her career's not over yet.

#2 How many guys race their entire careers without ever winning a race, much less in one of the major racing series? How many pro golfers, tennis players, etc. never win a major competition their whole career? I don't really understand how you can disparage someone for making it to the top of their sport, just because they aren't a an AJ Foyt, Mario Andretti, M. Shumacher, etc.

#3 Being a consistent top 10 finisher in a major series like IRL, or winning an occasional club race - gee, I wonder which you would choose?

Old 02-08-2010, 11:35 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Sounds like someone has Vagenvy.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

The level of misogyny on display in this thread (and others about Danica) is mind-boggling.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
The level of misogyny on display in this thread (and others about Danica) is mind-boggling.
I see that you've been reading the Dictionary again.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I see that you've been reading the Dictionary again.

I are edumacated.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-08-2010, 12:14 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
I'm not the one with the fever. Facts back up what I have stated.
Guess you missed my post above. Again, since she won in Japan in '08, she has raced in about 30 events. How many cars NOT entered by Ganassi or Penske have won? One was by her teammate a couple of races after hers. Another was by Ryan Hunter-Reay at Watkins Glen, basically only because.........I forget now, but Briscoe and Dixon ran into each other while easily leading. The third was last year, again at the Glen when Justin Wilson had a magnificent drive in only barely beating Dixon (and guess who were 3rd and 4th).

I'll leave it for someone else to parse all statistics, and any other facts that seem to be missing from my analysis.

(If you're going to go back to Atlantics, no she didn't win anything there. But Jon Fogarty won the championship twice while she was flailing away. Where is he today? A.J. Almendinger did also, and even his winning 5 races in the closing days of Champ Car didn't lead to a further open wheel career.)
Old 02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Many of you guys bash the hell out of Alonso, even insinuating that he is a woman, and no one tells you to back off. And he's won the WDC and a good number of F1 races. To the point that there are many racers who never win and are also rans, they don't get the kind of publicity that Danika gets. I just feel that the attention she gets is unwarranted for what she produces. I don't wish bad for her, just think it should be proportional to her accomplishments. Like it or not, I'm not a fan of her mediocrity. She could change my opinion by winning consistently.

Last edited by Land Jet; 02-08-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,266 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Danica looks good in or out of the cockpit, whether than cockpit is an open cockpit or closed cockpit.

I think she'll find it harder this weekend when she goes up against stiffer competition in the Nationwide series with some of the Cup driver's against her.

I thought she did better than expected. For a guy that's never raced a stocker and didn't have any testing due to illness, or experience on ovals, I thought Pinquet did well. But what is it about him and crashing? It seems to follow him whereever he goes
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Indeed.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never bashed Alonso.
Also never gone into a thread to say how pathetic some driver is cause he/she isn't a consistent winner.

But I sometimes enjoy bashing Nelsinho. Not sure why.
So many walls. So few fenders.

Had to go look up misogyny. So it isn't about gynocologist in New York that likes to consume miso.

Quick Reply: Danica First NASCAR Race Recap