Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona 24 Live Stream?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:21 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I wish they'd do would be to run some of the layover graphics like they do during the NASCAR race. Callouts that show the specific cars/drivers. With all the driver changes, I have a hard time keeping up with who's in what car. They also only focus on who they want to focus on. I like during the cautions during a Sprint Cup race....they'll run down each driver 10 at a time. Sometimes, you might want to know what a mid-pack guy is doing or why his day sucks.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:14 AM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

BAHHHH ..... now the girl is offline....

EDIT - she's back
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

At a minimum, would it be such a big job for speed to continue the broadcasting live on the net. Doesn't really make sense to broadcast for 7 hours and then leave us dry for the next 10 hours.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:14 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

8.5 hours into the race, and we're sitting 5th in GT.

If anyone is interested, we're doing what we can to post updates from our pits on our Twitter page: http://twitter.com/bulletracingca

We've also uploaded some pics to our facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9499112&ref=nf

I hate SPEED.
Attached Images   
Old 01-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Laura
Pro

The live stream through TRG was fantastic. If you couldn't be there this was a great way to get some info on how the race was progressing thru the Speed downtime. If you had questions about the drivers and pistions they did there best to answer. Guests were good, some better than others.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

TRG's feed from the pit hosted by Liz was AWESOME. I found that I was more interested in the commentary from the team and their discussions and the occasional radio feeds than the Speed broadcast. TRG really did the fans a great service. Chatting with the drivers and the crews was a hoot and the updates from the team and the chatters (particularly GT news) was much quicker than the broadcast (or maybe there is a delay?).

HUGE THANKS TO TRG! Thanks Kevin and the team for participating and entertaining the lot of us. A few times the viewership exceeded 1000!

As for Speed, I heard a rumor that they did not get the rights to live stream? Either way, there were just too many commercials and why on earth they would cut away to another race, some sort of exhibition race I think, while the 24 was in progress is beyond my comprehension. Then after the 24 was over they ran back to back "Road to Daytona" episodes. They have put more air time in promoting the Daytona 500 (a 4 hour race) than air time broadcasting the 24 itself! I realize Nascar pays the bills but can't they give the 24 a touch more respect? Grand Am is part of Nascar after all. They show all of that French race but not our American season opener?

Actual airtime, just a guess here, was less than 1/3 of the race. When they weren't in commercial they were showing intro/scenery. Actual broadcast of cars on track was to the point that the TRG feed was more current and comprehensive between the chatters and the TRG staff.

If the rationale is that not enough people are going to watch the overnight broadcast I would argue that the same could be true for airing a SHAMWOW infomercial or a dirt track race at 3 am, no one's watching that either.

I feel better now.

Thanks again to TRG and the team and volunteers for taking on a 24 hour broadcast by themselves when the Speed Channel would not.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:21 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

> TRG's feed from the pit hosted by Liz was AWESOME

Yes! It was great seeing people like "loose Bruce" on there. Great way to feel like you are at the race.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

If you liked the TRG feed send and email to

marketing@theracersgroup.com

and express your appreciation in the hopes that it continues.

Mrs. Buckler sent me a reply this afternoon so I know they are reading them.

Quick Reply: Daytona 24 Live Stream?