Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7.0 Earthquake in Haiti Right Now

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010 | 03:48 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

John has found out that one of the Rennwish schools is okay. The other two story Rennwish school he hasn't heard about yet. He is going to trying to figure out what to do. He can get to
P-A-P, but not to Les Cayes as even under the best of conditions it was hard to get there. it's going to take time.

Keep Praying for our Rennwish kids and families....................
Old 01-13-2010 | 03:50 PM
friar93
Burning Brakes

Default Haiti.....unbelievable

first, its horrible what has happened and the current state of the nation and what the near future holds for these people

Ive been all over the world and its still hard to imagine a place where the Presidential Palace, Main Embassys and the jail are not at least built to a standard that can withstand a serious earthquake......not a surprise that schools and housing were built with shortcuts, as in most poor nations

BTW...50% illiteracy in Haiti, wow.
Old 01-13-2010 | 03:53 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jo, thanks for the update...
Old 01-13-2010 | 03:54 PM
aeroman
Man of Way Too Many Avatars
Rennlist Member

Pat Roberstson says they made a deal with the devil.....

http://www.breitbart.tv/they-have-be...-to-the-devil/

Pat is one of the biggest jackasses on TV. Only Benny Hin is worse.
Old 01-13-2010 | 04:07 PM
LTCMontana
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Air Force

JoAnne,

It might be worthwhile to start a "Rennwish Orphanage update" thread and ask to put it at the top of OT. Then, John could post there.

We are all praying and waiting for info.
Old 01-13-2010 | 04:09 PM
rixter
928 OB-Wan
Rennlist Member

hearing that John is ok is the best news I've had today...
keep the GOOD news coming
Old 01-13-2010 | 04:22 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Damn, Robertson needs to die.
Old 01-13-2010 | 04:30 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

This situation is distressing. Those poor people. I can't imagine the situation and am thankful for what I have.
Old 01-13-2010 | 04:30 PM
John D.
Banned

Hi JoAnne and all...

First - JoAnne, my thanks for the "point to" on this thread.. Honestly - the last 22 hours has been a little frantic - and at this point, I'm not even sure what to write?? But - you know me - I'll find a way to write a lot (and added this to the Rennwish site) ... As well...

Second - my sincerest thanks to all of you... I wasn't in Haiti at the time, but just communicated with someone who got out on the last A.A. flight last evening... From what I can understand, Port-au-Prince is pretty much a mess, but, like all of you - most of my news is coming from the press... I had the opportunity to get a notice from one of the folks at Pwoje Espwa - and all is OK there...

I've been trying since yesterday afternoon/evening using Internet, phone (land, cell) and some social networking sites Even my Digicel (my cell phone & # for Haiti) phone won't go through..

OK - so - to summarize: Mostly - I know nothing.. I've heard that one of the schools we built is fine - as well as the 600+ children at Pwoje Espwa (according to Father Marc - the "kids are a little shaken up by the whole thing" (he has a dry sense of humor ).... The other two story school, the other orphanage, the villagers and the children we are support (in our "family to child" programs) are in other districts - and as of now, I have no news about..

I suspect downtown Cayes suffered the most damage in that region, as well as some of the mountain villages in the Petite Riviere area - but, I have no way of knowing for sure?

While it's been a long night for Jen & I - I know it was a longer night for those in Haiti..

I will also add this.. I can not tell you how incredible your words and support means - not really to Jen and I and Project Rennwish - but rather, to those folks in Haiti who are "living this nightmare"... Your pledges and financial contributions - each of them - is gratefully acknowledged and most thankfully received... More than you may know...

I think it's best to keep that momentum up as, once we find out what is needed most (food, water, medical, equipment, etc. ) - then and only then can we decide how to make the largest positive impact during their time of crisis and the ensuing aftermath...

My sincerest thanks to all....

John
Old 01-13-2010 | 04:42 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

JD - Thank you for providing us with the current status, please let us know as new information becomes available to you.
Old 01-13-2010 | 04:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Merged various Haiti threads in OT into this one and promoted it to 'Sticky' status at top of thread.
JohnD,
Please feel free to edit/rename as you see fit.
Old 01-13-2010 | 05:00 PM
LTCMontana
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Air Force

John,

Tell us what you need, we will deliver.

Rennlist, now is the time to do a good deed. Support John and Jen in their efforts. We owe it to them.

God Speed John.
Old 01-13-2010 | 05:13 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Prayers, lots of prayers. Thanks for the update John.
Old 01-13-2010 | 05:18 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

I heard the Coast Guard and the Navy are deploying for humanitarian support now. The pictures coming out of there are unbelievable.
Old 01-13-2010 | 05:20 PM
John D.
Banned

Hi LTC and James and all..!

ltc - thank you very much, Sir!!

James, honestly - I had the same question from a newspaper reporter today about what I think we'd need? Honestly - without knowing the level of loss as measured in lives or infrastructure (food, water, medical supplies, etc.) - I'm not sure of the immediate answer..? But - your's is a terrific question!! However, I'd rather wait until we know the extent of the devastation before we start doing triage on the highest priority needs, if you know what I mean??

I think it bothers me that many non-profit organizations are taking up HUGE solicitation campaigns to "assist in Haiti" - without the faintest idea of what their plan for assistance is, nor their involvement? A few on some of the "support sites" don't even have programs or projects in Haiti - and have NO channel to disburse the funds INTO Haiti if they indeed - they even had a plan???

So - I guess as Rennwish- my view has been, and in times of crisis perhaps moreso - is understand the greatest need; develop a plan to execute; execute to that plan - and then be held accountable for both that plan and its execution?? Anything less achieves little, and delivers sub-standard results....

Overall, right now - my greatest concern is the acquisition and distribution of life-sustaining items - again, food - water - medical, etc. But, I'm not sure, until I know the conditions and the degree of the implosion of the Haitian infra-structure, which will be foremost..??

A tough question, James - and my thanks for asking it..!!

John

Quick Reply: 7.0 Earthquake in Haiti Right Now