Sponsored by:

Anybody watching Dakar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:28 AM
rickmdz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody watching Dakar?

I know it's a very different animal compared to road racing, quite interesting though. The technology and race management/organization showed by VW is amazing. I would love to see a Cayenne in that race, maybe that can be reality in a few years once VW takes over Porsche. Although I would like to see more support for road racing specially LeMans, oh well...
Versus (comcast) is broadcasting updates here in US. I don't have access to VS so I'm downloading Eurosport broadcast torrents daily. Their coverage is pretty good, with interviews to the drivers and support crew members.

I'm not sure if posting torrent links is allowed here, let me know if you are interested.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:33 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Rick, please post the link, or PM it to me.......

I just found out about the Italian racer, Luca Manca, who is in coma after a horrible incident.....
Old 01-10-2010, 10:39 PM
rickmdz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delay, here's what I've been watching:
These are torrents
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage 4
Stage 5
Stage 6
Stage 7
Stage 8 (not available yet)

Enjoy! let me know if you have any questions...

Luca Manca accident is sad, the guy had skull fracture so the impact had to be a massive one. He is the one who gave his own rear wheel to defending champion Marc Coma the day before after his burst. Now destiny or karma, whatever you want to call it, didn't care much after this remarkable gesture he had with a competitor...

Quick Reply: Anybody watching Dakar?