Sponsored by:

Pictures of PCA Stock Class Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Pictures of PCA Stock Class Interior

For those who have already removed the carpeting and headliner in their Stock Class car per 2010 PCA CR rules, could you please post pictures of interior? Especially the inner roof areas.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Here ya go.
Attached Images    
Old 12-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Chulo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... How much work was it? Back seat still has to go back in, correct? I'm on the fence about taking on this project.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out my avatar.

Originally Posted by Chulo
Wow... How much work was it? Back seat still has to go back in, correct? I'm on the fence about taking on this project.
Yes, it's tons of work but I think it's worth it.

The back seats have carpet on them and they interfere with the installation of my cage. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by Astroman
Check out my avatar.

Yes, it's tons of work but I think it's worth it.

The back seats have carpet on them and they interfere with the installation of my cage. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Looks really nice. I have my seats out now, and am afraid to start pulling, as I know the project ahead of me. How much did all of the carpeting weigh?
Old 12-31-2009, 09:09 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carpet weighs a lot. Especially if you ever run the car in the rain. It never really dries out. I pulled 30lbs out of my car that was still wet after a rain practice session in just the back seat area.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:54 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris, your car looks great. Would you describe how you cleaned it all out inside? Solvent scrubbing to remove glue etc.? Painted how?
Old 12-31-2009, 10:25 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

I thought the passenger seat was still required.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

I like the nitrous bottle Chris..
Old 01-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rlm328
I thought the passenger seat was still required.
Yes, for some unknown reason, it is.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:57 AM
fly2low
Rennlist Member

Default interior

at some point it will look like this, and you will hope the reason you strated the project is worth it
Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Anyone else has pictures or is Chris the only one who has finished the project and is enjoying the Holidays? Chris, was your car a non-sunroof car or did you convert?

I have removed my bolt-in cage to go custom. The headliner is off, and the sunroof is removed. The sunroof in 944 is twice as large as the one in 911 and after removing it, it looks like the B-pilar down pipe behind the seat can go up another 3/4-1" for a tight fit against the roof. I am considering converting to non-sunroof as the whole point of going custom is to get more room (A-pilar through the dash) and tighter fit for the cage.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

search on DanR
Old 01-01-2010, 10:58 AM
DanR
Drifting

Originally Posted by David 23
Chris, your car looks great. Would you describe how you cleaned it all out inside? Solvent scrubbing to remove glue etc.? Painted how?
Here is how I did it.... it was HARD WORK!!!

First thing I did was to obviously remove all the old carpet and sound deadening. The hard bit was to remove the tar and glue. I had been told to use dry ice on the tar and it shrinks and cracks off. my learning was that it did not work the best and found that the best method was an old screwdriver (well it is old now) to in effect prize the tar away from the metal. Once I had used the screwdriver to grove channels out of the tar I used a scraper to remove the excess. This is not easy work and takes a while (guess at 10-20 hours!). Finally then used some 3m tar remover to get the residuall tar off and then a wire wheel to really clean up the area. If it is really stuborn, try a heat gun

Glue was done in much the same way, 3m tar remover, plenty of elbow greese and damaged lungs from the fumes.....

Fianlly I sprayed a layer of primer then shot the paint which was 2 pak (should have just used a single stage eurethane) but cans can work equally as well

And before you can say, man this is a crap job and took 30-40 hours......I was done

said never again, especially as this is my second time doing it but loooking at results it was worth it! Will try and post pics later
Old 01-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sean F
search on DanR
Dan's car is in the same un-finished shape as mine is. I am wondering how much of the stuff that I am taking out has to go back in. The stock class rule allows removal of interior components for installing safety equipment. It looks to me like once the cage is in, there is not much room for all the trim that I removed to get the cage to fit tight. Chris M's pictures show seems to confirm that alot of the interior trim can be removed. I'd rather not be kicked out of E and be forced to run SP3 which would likely mean not going to PCA races.

Quick Reply: Pictures of PCA Stock Class Interior