Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building a 951 NASA/PCA Race Car Advice Welcomed

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 10:31 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike Buck. Sorry about the confusion with NASA/44Cup. You are correct. When I started 44Cup was listed on the NASA site, now we have been "disowned: for Spec 944. Which weights were reduced? SuperCup?

Tim Pruitt: Wed don't need no steeenkin quick release.

Tim N: Looking for putting something togetther with the parts and cars at hand. Can't afford to build something to compete with you.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

See here for a new weights!

http://forum.44cup.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15

FWIW, I would not dream of trying to building a PCA stock class car and running it in SuperCup, especially a turbo. The output allowances are much too different. You have to go SP3 and detune it from PCA stock class spec.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:32 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Quote:FWIW, I would not dream of trying to building a PCA stock class car and running it in SuperCup, especially a turbo. The output allowances are much too different. You have to go SP3 and detune it from PCA stock class spec.

Mike, I'm not sure what you mean by outpt allowances. The PCA SP3 weights are based on either stock or prepared. For example, my current race car is 2800lbs based on 2.7L PCA stock.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

SuperCup and SP3 have hp and torque limits, as measured on a dyno. PCA stock classes do not have this.

If you build a 944 Turbo to E stock specs with PCA that does not mean your car will be legal if you try and run a SuperCup event with it too. Regardless of weight, you could well be over the hp/tq limits.

Bulit to SP3 specs, you are legal in both series as you are subject to the same rules in both series.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:14 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'll have to figure out how detune a turbo with basically stock components in place. Any ideas how this is done? 944Cup allows a chipped DME. Does PCA SP3? Unfortunately none of my 944 turbos are completely stock, or I would drag one over to the dyno.

Last edited by johntorg; 12-16-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Building a 951 NASA/PCA Race Car Advice Welcomed