Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Racekeeper? In their Boxster?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Anyone using Racekeeper? In their Boxster?

Hi All,
I have used the Racekeeper system at PSDS and analyzed data/video with the Comparo software. See www.race-keeper.com.
I do not have any experience with Traqmate.
This winter one of the things I want to integrate into my Spec Boxster build is a data/video system. I am considering Traqmate with Video and the Racekeeper system.
I know many people here use Traqmate. Are any of you using Racekeeper? Would you choose it again?
Something that has been pointed out to me is that as my driving continues to advance, I may get to a point where I would want to share and compare data with other drivers. This would likely be a vote for the more common Traqmate.
As a general commentary, do any of you with early Boxsters (97-99) know if the OBDII is fairly plug'n'play with data capture or does it require more manual wiring in?
TIA

Here is a sample vid from Racekeeper at PSDS (Barber):
Old 11-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Self-Bump.
Noone's got RaceKeeper in their p-car?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:46 AM
jlucas
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Race-Keeper's consumer/racer system just came out this year so you won't see a lot of people with it just yet. It's derived from their driving school systems like you used at the Porsche School, in fact they are the largest provider of school systems AFAIK. One thing that is key with video is having it be useful in analysis not just something you watch after the fact and they have done that. Having the ability to have up to 4 cameras as no extra hardware cost (beside the camera of course!) is also something you won't find elsewhere

Also they just announced price reductions for the hardware and for the OBD2 interface which makes it even more enticing now.

If you have additional questions, just let me know. I have a wide range of experience with multiple brands of systems both as vendor and as a data coach.

Jeremy Lucas
FASTtechLimited.com
Old 12-26-2009, 11:05 AM
BigKraut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
As a general commentary, do any of you with early Boxsters (97-99) know if the OBDII is fairly plug'n'play with data capture or does it require more manual wiring in?
Dave,

I have no experience with Racekeeper so I can't help you there but I do have the TraqMate Complete installed in my '99 Boxster. It does require more manual wiring in but it is relatively straight forward. Gormann Motorsports has an excellent write-up and Kenny Gormann was very helpful when I had an issue installing my shift light.

http://www.gormanms.com/2008/09/26/s...tion/#more-119

You are correct about the popularity of TraqMate with SpBox drivers. It is an excellent tool for improving your skills and lap times. The majority of SpBox drivers in Texas use TraqMate and are not shy about sharing data. For someone new to SpBox it will help make you competitive faster than you think.

Brian
Old 12-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Thanks Jeremy & Brian.
I'm still up in the air but was actually thinking about simply installing the new Smartycam as a beginner system for me. I do like the Traqmate Complete system too. The Race-Keeper works very well (from what I can tell at my level) and I've played with my data from PSDS on it a number of times.
Decisions, decisions.....

Quick Reply: Anyone using Racekeeper? In their Boxster?