IRacing on Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 PM
dblapex
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****SHAMELESS PLUG*****

I just bought a sytem for a client at www.sim-sport.net

I opted for the $1500 pedal set and sparco steering wheel. If you do not get a full simulator from him atleast get the pedals, they honestly feel like driving an actual car.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 PM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If any of you guys are at SEMA stop by for test drive at the iRacing booth. I'll even save Rennlisters a few bucks off the show special pricing.
Kevin
Old 11-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no great insights about iRacing or comparisons with other simulators. However, I was coming down for the NNJR DE at VIR this weekend, had a student, and had never driven the track. Friend of mine hooked me up with Artie from iRacing on Long Island. I made a appointment with him, went there, where got me into a car on VIR, and within one hour, I had enough familiarity with the course to feel comfortable taking a student out. Big shocker was when I got here, and drove the course, I could recognize all the turns, and the landmarks from the simulation. Obviously, it doesn't replace seat time or the real deal.

I'm planning to go back in the off season, as I do believe it will help keep my track reflexes refreshed until the spring time. And I'm bringing a couple of track buddies, and we will try the racing simulation.

Quick Reply: IRacing on Long Island