Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H&R Street Performance Coilovers - Stiffer springs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 02:57 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
The car is a real mother for ya.... Definitely an amazing 996 build.

Yes Spec 996 is going with the non-remote reservoir. I'm sure it's not as good as remote, but we're building beauty on a budget.
I've looked on the JRZ website, vividracing.com etc. but no online pricing anywhere on the econo-JRZ's.

Any ideas?

JP
Old 10-29-2009, 04:43 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flyingpenguin
I've looked on the JRZ website, vividracing.com etc. but no online pricing anywhere on the econo-JRZ's.

Any ideas?

JP
Believe they are still being made, there might be 1 set out being tested currently , if not soon, then you will see more on it. They should be out fairly fast. Also, Moton is also working on a non resivior shock, it is currently available for some BMW models, Porsches can be made and they will have them soon if not already for your car. What exactly are you looking for price wise ? I can get you whatever you need, JRZ or Moton.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:04 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Any ideas?

JP

Viking is exactly correct. One set of the JRZ's have been installed and are currently being tested in a 996 Spec car. I expect release of the kit any day now.

These will be built specifically for the 996 Spec, sealed with descructive stickers. They will have 15 compression and rebound settings for front, and 8 compression and 15 rebound settings for the rear. I'll let you know when the kits are available, as well as the pricing. We're talking just a few weeks from what I understand.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:13 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Any ideas?

JP
Pricing soon.
In the non canister variety here is what you are looking at.
Moton
http://www.motonsuspension.com/downl...ct%20Sheet.pdf

JRZ
http://www.jrzsuspension.com/index.php?id=17,16,0,0,1,0

BTW - I still recommend the canister style with the quick disconnects, they are not that much more $$$$ but they are much better performers.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:20 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the test set of non-remote JRZ's. I just received them this week, and will install them Monday along with my rebuilt transmission just in time for a NASA race next weekend. They come from JRZ with the specificed 700/900 springs and are plug and play. IIRC the price is $ 3,750. complete w/springs and attachment hardware. Hopefully they're a signifcant improvement over the revalved Bilstein PSS10's which I thought were pretty damn good.....

Quick Reply: H&R Street Performance Coilovers - Stiffer springs?