Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Does your PCA chapter offer time trials (TT)?
Yes.
22.73%
No.
31.82%
No, but I would like them to.
36.36%
No, and I would not like them to.
9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Does your PCA DE offer Time Trials?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:30 AM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by brendorenn
i'm one of the few who voted "no, i don't want one" because if it's a timed event, it hoses my insurance coverage. i'm just out there to get educated and see the leaves on the trees change, thank you very much.
brendorenn - You might want to check your Policy Terms again.

Lately Ins Cos have added language that excludes any event/loss occurring at a track, racing facility, etc., from coverage. Your Policy may not, yet .. but I wld rec you stay on top of any changes. I only say this so you are not unpleasantly surprised if you have to make a claim running a normal non-timed "DE" - as it may not be covered bec/ of the above.

PCA sponsored DE Ins [ http://pcahpdeins.locktonaffinity.co...ult.aspx?cID=1 ] is relatively cheap "insurance" btw
Old 10-25-2009, 09:37 AM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that's a great recommendation cello - however, last time I checked Lockton-Affinity was not covering Time Trials. In NASA HPDE set ups - Lockton-Affinity will cover the HPDE groups that are only HPDE - but one of the groups has time trials going on - and that group was not covered by the insurance policy.

So if you are using Lockton - go talk to Ryan Staub for more info -- about coverage. Maybe they've changed the policy. I don't work for them... I just use them and like them...
Old 10-25-2009, 12:51 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
brendorenn - You might want to check your Policy Terms again.

Lately Ins Cos have added language that excludes any event/loss occurring at a track, racing facility, etc., from coverage. Your Policy may not, yet .. but I wld rec you stay on top of any changes. I only say this so you are not unpleasantly surprised if you have to make a claim running a normal non-timed "DE" - as it may not be covered bec/ of the above.

PCA sponsored DE Ins [ http://pcahpdeins.locktonaffinity.co...ult.aspx?cID=1 ] is relatively cheap "insurance" btw
you're exaclty right - and these threads serve as a great reminder to keep up to date with your coverage. i checked mine about a month ago.

from my policy: USAA Collision Exclusion #10

“Loss to any vehicle while it is being operated in, or in practice for, any speed contest.”

i don't do any speed contests, no autocross, nothin' -- in fact, i strongly considered doing some arrive and drive stuff this year because it's somebody else's car, but put it off until i have some more time. i love PSDS, as i've mentioned here, and doing it in their cars so i have had the oppty to lay down some times...

Quick Reply: Does your PCA DE offer Time Trials?