Sponsored by:

Tim Richmond?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts
Default Tim Richmond?

I was far from being a NASCAR fan back in the 80's but after watching a show tonight I wish I paid more attention. Tim was really something to see, gave Dale Sr. something to worry about, and lived his life to the fullest. Unfortunately he was one of the first to let AIDS shorten his wild-*** life. RIP Tim, sorry I missed your run..
Old 10-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Animus
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha. I was just watching the same show "Ride of their Lives". Apparently tom Cruise modeled his role in "Days of Thunder" character after Tim Richmond's lifestyle. I'm bummed I missed it. They also showed him winning on some road courses. Glad I caught some of Senna's races though...
Old 10-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

I will say it was one of the best shows i've watched on Nascar in a long time. Tim was the real deal.... a true loss.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Animus
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Up next on speed: "Dale" an interview by Paul Newman..
Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim Richmond was a character! He was awesome, aggressive, cocky, and he didn't hide any of it.

I always like the guy - he definitely lived his short life to the fullest (not always in the best way, but he definitely made the most of it).
Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,548 Likes on 818 Posts

Was it his son who--when arrested recently with JC France--uttered the now-famous "Do you know who I am? I am a France. We own this town!" ?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I believe it was.

Updated: October 8, 2009, 8:07 PM ET
France arrested on drug charges

MIAMI -- A grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France was arrested early Thursday on drug charges in Daytona Beach, according to a police report.

J.C. France faces charges of possession of narcotics and driving under the influence. France posted $4,500 bond and was released from Volusia County jail Thursday afternoon.

France, 43, was driving a 2007 green Lamborghini when he was stopped shortly after midnight Thursday. Authorities believe he was racing his half-brother, 40-year-old Russell Van Richmond. France failed to stop at a traffic light and swerved on the roadway before coming to a stop in a parking lot.

Richmond, who was driving a 2003 Porsche when he was stopped, reportedly threatened the officer during the arrest.

"No, this is a mistake for you," he told the officer, according to the report. "I'm a France, we own this city."

Authorities continued with the investigation, and Richmond called for their commanding officers.

"You're done," he reportedly told an officer. "Your job is over. This is the biggest mistake ever and your [sic] so done in Daytona."

While conducting a search during the traffic stop, authorities found containers with a "white cakelike substance." The substances gave a presumptive positive reactions for cocaine when they were tested.

Richmond faces two counts of unlawful possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence and two counts of threatening a police officer. He posted $10,500 bond and was released from custody Thursday.

France is the son of NASCAR board member Jim France and a driver in NASCAR's Grand-Am Series. Richmond is the son of Jim France's ex-wife. The two share a home in Daytona Beach, according to the police report. A telephone number listed for Richmond rang unanswered Thursday evening. A man who answered the phone at a number listed for France said he was not available.

NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston released a statement saying France has been suspended from all competition.

"Grand-Am has issued a penalty notice and suspended J.C. indefinitely from all competition for actions detrimental to racing," Poston said. "The penalty is not appealable. J.C. is being treated like any other competitor. His suspension is immediate and indefinite."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
Old 10-14-2009, 11:54 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't make that Tim Richmond connection when I read that article. We know how many kids Tim has out there?
Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

On second glance, Tim was born in 1955. Russell is 40. Do the math. We do know Tim got around, but he was gettin' busy with a girl in the France family at age 13???????
Old 10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Was it his son who--when arrested recently with JC France--uttered the now-famous "Do you know who I am? I am a France. We own this town!" ?
Umm...no. Not even related.

Quick Reply: Tim Richmond?