Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on the most popular driver on Rennlist -- Sato...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009 | 12:44 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Update on the most popular driver on Rennlist -- Sato...

In the interest of "equal time"...

Sato still pushing on F1 doors
11 October 2009

Takuma Sato believes he still stands of chance of being in Formula One next year since leaving the sport following the demise of the Super Aguri team in 2008. The popular Japanese racer has been off the grid since last year's Spanish Grand Prix but is in talks with teams ahead of 2010.

With Campos, Lotus, Manor and USF1 all joining the fray next season, Sato knows that opportunities could arise for a return to the grid. "As you know in F1, in business and everything, it's quite difficult to predict," the former Jordan, B.A.R and Aguri driver told Autosport.

Takuma tested for Toro Rosso in November last year
"Of course new teams are coming, which is a great opportunity for me, and of course the current teams too, so we are just communicating with everybody really and trying to find any possibility, not only for F1."

Although he remains realistic, saying that a return to America is also a possibility, 'Taku' admits that an F1 comeback would be a dream. "Absolutely, 100 percent," he continued. "F1 is in my heart because that's where I've been but, as I said, it's not something you can decide by yourself - there are lots of factors involved; until the doors are 100 percent closed, I'm going to be pushing on those doors."

In other news Timo Glock is OUT for the Brazilian GP after sustaining a leg injury after crashing his Toyota at Suzuka. In his place will be another Japanese driver, Kobayashi
Old 10-11-2009 | 01:26 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Why didn't Sato take Glock's place??
Old 10-11-2009 | 02:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Old 10-11-2009 | 04:29 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Why didn't Sato take Schumacher's place??
Corrected.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Quick Reply: Update on the most popular driver on Rennlist -- Sato...