Sponsored by:

Pagid pad identification

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Pagid pad identification

I've got two sets of pagid pads, parts 024 and 537, does anyone know what compounds these are?

Is 537 pagid orange? I've not found anything for the 024 pads.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Tim,

What color are the pads you have?

Pagid makes OEM as well as race pads and you may have OEM or street pads.

Their race pads are all stamped on the back with the compound number:

RS 4-2-1 (Sport: Black or Blue)
RS 4-2-2 (Blue)
RS 4-4 (Orange)
RS 5 (Blue)
RS 14 (Black)
RS 15 (Grey)
RS 19 (Yellow)
RS 29 (Yellow- higher friction)
Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Steve, both sets are stamped with S537FG, which I assumed was the size. Then each has set is either stamped with 024 or 537, no other marks.

These pagids were on the car when I bought it, they squealed like crazy so I replaced them with pbr semi-met. I'm instructing at a one day DE at a small track and thought that I would just take the daily driver 968 instead of the track car. I've run the pbr on track once before and they are not very good, so I thought that I might try the old set of pagids sitting in the garage.

Since they had different markings (024 vs 537) I thought that they were likely different compounds, and I didn't want to put the more aggressive set in the rear by mistake.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
Steve, both sets are stamped with S537FG, which I assumed was the size. Then each has set is either stamped with 024 or 537, no other marks.

These pagids were on the car when I bought it, they squealed like crazy so I replaced them with pbr semi-met. I'm instructing at a one day DE at a small track and thought that I would just take the daily driver 968 instead of the track car. I've run the pbr on track once before and they are not very good, so I thought that I might try the old set of pagids sitting in the garage.

Since they had different markings (024 vs 537) I thought that they were likely different compounds, and I didn't want to put the more aggressive set in the rear by mistake.
Hey Tim,

PBR's are just terrible,...street or track,...

I don't have the Pagid OEM pad index handy here, but it sounds like you have a set of their street pads on hand.

If you need some Pagid race pads, just drop me a PM and I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Thanks Steve, appreciate the help. I've got DTC60's on the race car that I can pull and use but thought that was going to be a bit of overkill for a one day DE that I will not drive much. I'll give the pagids that I have a try, got to be better than the pbr's.

Quick Reply: Pagid pad identification