Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Cool old Can-Am car is for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

The performance of these cars is still staggering by most standards. I can understand your decision to stop racing that car. Compared to today’s car, it is still from a much more dangerous era (well, IMO anyway).

A beautiful car but it reminds me of a sad incident. An enthusiast who owned the Dallara Can-am car that Gilles Villeneuve drove was a regular appearance at historic events in this area. Last year, at Mosport he had a fatal accident on the opening lap of the main event. The gentleman, Dino Crescentini was very well-liked in the community and it was a real tragedy.

That is the dichotomy of historic racing cars… on the one hand, the scene is more social and fun than purely competitive, but on the other hand, all the inherent dangers are still there.

Nudging 200 at the Glen before the bus stop... wow... you have been someplace I can't even imagine...

Last edited by 500; 07-29-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:21 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's considerably safer becuase of circuit improvements today, but you are correct that the older car designs remain somewhat dangerous, even more so because they are largely upgraded in restoration.

Quick Reply: My Cool old Can-Am car is for sale