Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Track Photo

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:54 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Great pic Zman! Even though of course we don't want our wheels in the air, in a photo it always implies more speed and I agree with your comment about so many times it looks like we're trying to find a parking spot somewhere. lol
Here's one from Down Under.
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2009, 09:19 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Trakcar, saw your car there. always liked the 3 in white.

The Motons were new and the tires were old on Saturday, which was a mistake, as we couldn't get it dialed in. Ran slow all day. Put the new R6s on Sunday morning and quickly ran a 1:35.9. I was pacing faster than that on my last lap, but came in to check tire temps and pressures. We never even made an adjustment to the Motons before the rain started, so there is still improvement to be had.

Other than the Motons and tires, the other improvements are (all RSS parts): aluminum thrust arm bushings, steel lower control arm monoballs, adjustable toe steer kit, adjustable rear link kit.

What are you running? if you are stock, that is one heck of a lap time. Z
Thanks. The cool morning temps helped. You sure ran away from me fast, I did a lot of hight 1:38's ;-)
Not stock, I have sharky bypass and LWFW.

I am not sure what the mods do that you mention, how does it feel different, or are you still figuring out the setup?

My Pagid yellow R29 where on their 8th day and were toast, I would not have finished the day if it had not rained. Road ATL is not that hard on brakes and they stayed cool, so no excuses. The front tires are more than a year old, but the rears where good and they are the ones that count, about 15 cycles.

I can't wait to go again, I love that track. With some courage and new pads and tires I can a bit lower, I think.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Great pic Zman! Even though of course we don't want our wheels in the air, in a photo it always implies more speed and I agree with your comment about so many times it looks like we're trying to find a parking spot somewhere. lol
Here's one from Down Under.
Great picture, Patrick! I especially like the place in the background where a car obviously clouted that wall.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 09-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Colour Tech shot my avatar (they did not goof it all up with PhotoShop) and does an excellent job of capturing speed, blurring the wheels/background and keeping the car sharp. Their photos are a pleasure to look at.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Henry was kind enough to e-mail me a couple of pics today.
E-mail him at: colourtechsouth@yahoo.com no affiliation, just posting so you know where to send the mail if you want some pics from Henry.

I had no idea the track was THAT steep!
Very cool of him to take the time to send them to me:
Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2009, 04:32 PM
zmann
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trakcar,

I think the best part of RA is the varying elevations. It certainly makes coming down the hill to T12 interesting!

Do you think the GIAC ECU makes much of a difference in the performance of yourcar?

the suspension changes take all of the rubber bushings out of the car and help to avoid bump steer in the rear. I made those changes earlier this year and the car felt more planted and instilled more confidence. Now I've got to get the Motons dialed in (would have done that if not for the rain).

I'm doing the BMW club racing school at the end of the month. Should have time to get it right then. Z
Old 09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

ZMann: Oh look at those Motons work. How did you like the setup on the car?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yes, the elevations are awesome! No such thing in Florida...

Unless I sell the car (Have the new RS on order, not sure if I will take it yet.) I might start messing with the car when the warranty expires.
It is my dd, but I don't care too much about comfort, I drove my Kirky seated full-cage Mustang also for 4 years.
I am not smart enough yet to mess with Moton adjustments. The adjustable swaybars are difficult enough for me to figure out .

Double adjustable Koni's on my Mustang are confusing and I messed with them a little, but the GT3 feels fine the way it is for now. At Sebring I do not even stiffen up the shocks, I leave it in soft..

I need a driving coach before I need car upgrades . Maybe I will do a driving school also one of these days..

I asked Champion to chip it back to stock when I bought the car (I bought it as it is now.), but they told me that it was a mimimal change and did not affect warranty, it only adjusts for the LWFW and Sharky bypass and that it did not raise the Rev limiter or anything. I run with many other stock GT3's and I see no difference anywhere.

Seth, I don't know what car you were driving, but I hope I pointed you by quick enough!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Henry was kind enough to e-mail me a couple of pics today.
E-mail him at: colourtechsouth@yahoo.com no affiliation, just posting so you know where to send the mail if you want some pics from Henry.

I had no idea the track was THAT steep!
Very cool of him to take the time to send them to me:
Henry and Yvette are awesome! I haven't seen that perspective on T5 and it took me a minute to figure out where it was. I know it is uphill, but man, I didn't realize it was that uphill!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:51 PM
zmann
Instructor

Seth,

I never really had a chance to dial in the Motons. Foolishly on my part and the mechanics, we ran spent tires on Saturday. I'd bought them used and didn't know how many cycles were on them. The last time I'd been on them, two weeks earlier, they were great. This Saturday, nothing was working. The car was all over the place and my times were terrible.

Come Sunday morning, we put new R6s on and the world changed. I set a pr at RA without even touching the Motons. Sadly we were rained out as you know thereafter.

Can't wait to get back and do some fine tuning. more PRs to come. Z
Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Car looking good Mike ..............
Thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Used R6's are teh suck. How much time did you gain from going from the old R6's to the new ones Eric?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice Pic Pat!

I don't want to go off topic, but what is your suspension Set-up? (PM me, thanks)

C.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:06 AM
zmann
Instructor

Wanna911, I was having a tought time getting under 1:40 without scaring the #$@ out of myself. Within 7 laps or so on Sunday with the new rubber, I went sub 1:36 and had more in the car.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:25 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I was having a tought time getting under 1:40 without scaring the #$@ out of myself.
+1
I was scared allright......

Quick Reply: Great Track Photo