Sponsored by:

Sebring DE Chin 8/22

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:39 PM
p997s123
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sebring DE Chin 8/22

Attended my second DE with Chin @ Sebring today (Green). Tightening up the line and having a GREAT time. Stayed until the last session which involved passing with signal everywhere! I was passed in the corner at 16. I held my line and we came out just fine.

We did have a red flag today when someone went over the wall at Bishops. The driver was taken to the hospital with a closed head injury and probable wrist fx. I heard he is OK. May have been an M3.

I want to say thank you for all of your posts which I read regularly. You may not know it but there are probably a lot of lurkers like myself who really appreciate all of the experience and knowledge which can be obtained here. The funny stuff is just a bonus.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Good ole Bishops Bend! I hated to miss this Chin event but glad you lurk and are learning and enjoying your car at the track.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:48 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P997

Just for clarity did you really mean OVER the wall in Bishops? That is a very fast section and I truly hope that driver is OK. Really underscores the need for proper safety-gear.

Mdrums: If you are around mid Sept I will be attending both PBOC and GC at Sebring, swing by for some fellowship and grill-n.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

not over... ON

I didn't want to take a picture to be rude, but the car was 4 feet up in the air on top of the wall facing backwards. For those of you who attended the goldcoast pca event a year or so ago, its where the cti in the GT3 hit.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:29 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by VERBOTN125
P997

Just for clarity did you really mean OVER the wall in Bishops? That is a very fast section and I truly hope that driver is OK. Really underscores the need for proper safety-gear.

Mdrums: If you are around mid Sept I will be attending both PBOC and GC at Sebring, swing by for some fellowship and grill-n.
I will be at the PBOC envent...See you there.

LD, was this at the center or exit of Bishops? Anyone see what happened? My guess is he thought he was going to fast and lifted, but dang on top of the wall???. Glad to hear he will be OK as that is the most important part.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:33 PM
jenk12m
Banned

i had a great time when i went to sebring. bishops bend claimed one when i was there as well
Old 08-23-2009, 11:45 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Glad you had such a great time. I will be at Sebring with PBOC on Sept 12-13 as well in my 996. Getting ready for Daytona with PBOC in October....
Old 08-24-2009, 02:02 AM
LDadrenaline
Racer

Mark Hicks (GM for chin) said it was supposedly driver error so I can see one of two things happening

1. was still slightly turned from the end of bishops from taking it too tight when he got on the brakes for 15
2. was not running the smoothest arc. One of the guys making bishops a 2-part turn. The weight transfer in making the second part could have been too rough and caught him out.

Could have also been a mechanical failure, but It won't be known until the driver can say it himself. Honestly I hope it was mechanical failure. I was running an E36 M3 this weekend as well and was easily flat out through bishops on street tires. On an r compound tire I don't see any way to lose it through there.

That being said, I hope he is doing well.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:52 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BluemaxxRacing
Glad you had such a great time. I will be at Sebring with PBOC on Sept 12-13 as well in my 996. Getting ready for Daytona with PBOC in October....
For the record I will not yield.......Let the trash talking commence, of course I cant back it up. See you on the grid.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 PM
hyboost
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 37 Posts

I found this picture on another forum of the wreck. I was there with our e30 m3 and while I didn't see it myself, I heard that the accident was coming out of Bishops not in the middle of it.

Quick Reply: Sebring DE Chin 8/22