Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lone Star PCA at TWS Sept 12-13

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:22 AM
pmgoodwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there in the new (to me) track car. I can't wait.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:06 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, I'll have to miss this one. First Lonestar event I've missed in a long time.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I need to ride with you. Are you in White or Yeller?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Yes, you do; you haven't seen how slow I can make a GT3 go.

I'm in yellow. I got bumped down in-between DE's because of my "unease in the car". Duh!
The most mileage I had put on that car prior to the event was loading it on to trailer. After months of driving a 7-year old AWD with R6's, I go out in a brand new (to me) torque monster wearing PS 2's (not even the stock MPSC's).... you bet your sphincter I'm going to be uneasy.

Crap, it took me 5 laps just to get used to the damn tire pressure monitoring warning light ( wha? I can't just use my longacre???), and another 5 after that to identify my new blind spots. I figured I'd earn a medal for my healthy respect for the difference, but all I got was a yellow.

Jake didn't know until later to put the instructor's comments into that context, and I WAS overly cautious after an initial off in the first session, so I'm actually fine with all of that; just having fun with it. Besides, I've got 3 MSR member days under my belt now, and the car will have track shoes this time. I'll be ready to rock and roll whatever the color!

Would be great to get some of your help; I've got my finger hovering over the TC button now, just itching to press it, but need a guardian angel watching over me when I do it.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,417 Likes on 758 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ervtx
Yes, you do; you haven't seen how slow I can make a GT3 go.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 11-10-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:04 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

That could easily have been me in my GT3, and Greg in his Miata. Seriously!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:11 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I'll be there.

Boy...., you're gonna be busy.

Upcoming Events

Driver's Ed Events MG Region

September 26, 2009 - Driver Education Event at No Problem Raceway

T
Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Boy...., you're gonna be busy.

Upcoming Events

Driver's Ed Events MG Region

September 26, 2009 - Driver Education Event at No Problem Raceway

T
I'm there, T. How long of a drive is it from Lafayette vs. Alex? I've got family in both places, but I'm thinking that Lafayette is closer and a straighter shot for that last Saturday morning leg. Too bad it's not a football weekend, otherwise I'd be staying in BR on Sat. nite.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 AM
951and944S
Race Car

I'm there, T. How long of a drive is it from Lafayette vs. Alex? I've got family in both places, but I'm thinking that Lafayette is closer and a straighter shot for that last Saturday morning leg. Too bad it's not a football weekend, otherwise I'd be staying in BR on Sat. nite.
I wish I could make it out to the TWS day, that's what drew my attention to this thread......especially the CCW format.

Too much going on right now though, too many local track days too and on top of that, me and Eon are both joining a caravan of Mardi Gras and Whiskey Bay region guys up to Hallet to race there in early October.

Eon will be doing his first ever race at 21yrs. and this will be my first PCA race.

Lafayette would definitely be your shorter jog.
I'm 25 minutes from the track (towing) and I could be in Lafayette in 40-45 minutes from here....Alexandria....a good 70-90 minutes.

Plus, from Lafayette on I-10, instead of crossing the Mississippi R. when you get to the bridge, you just veer right on La1 south for about 15 minutes and you'll be as close as I am to the track.

If you were staying with friends....I'd guess you could leave there as late as 6:30am and still make an 8:am driver's meeting, no sweat.

Looking forward to seeing the new car.

T
Old 08-20-2009, 09:17 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951and944S
I wish I could make it out to the TWS day, that's what drew my attention to this thread......especially the CCW format.

Too much going on right now though, too many local track days too and on top of that, me and Eon are both joining a caravan of Mardi Gras and Whiskey Bay region guys up to Hallet to race there in early October.

Eon will be doing his first ever race at 21yrs. and this will be my first PCA race.

Lafayette would definitely be your shorter jog.
I'm 25 minutes from the track (towing) and I could be in Lafayette in 40-45 minutes from here....Alexandria....a good 70-90 minutes.

Plus, from Lafayette on I-10, instead of crossing the Mississippi R. when you get to the bridge, you just veer right on La1 south for about 15 minutes and you'll be as close as I am to the track.

If you were staying with friends....I'd guess you could leave there as late as 6:30am and still make an 8:am driver's meeting, no sweat.

Looking forward to seeing the new car.

T
Hey, that's fantastic re: club racing! Although the idea of "caravan" "mardi gras" and "whiskey" conjures up some frightening images!

Yeah, if I end up towing vs. driving, I was thinking that Lafayette was the better launch point for the Saturday morning drive. How early do I need to get there to get a quick trip around the track in a golf cart?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:11 PM
TR6
Drifting

That could easily have been me in my GT3, and Greg in his Miata. Seriously!
LOL!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
SG_M3
Rennlist Member

Does lone star close registration on their events? I may sign up after next weekend, need to start winning some DE's again.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:34 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SG_M3
Does lone star close registration on their events? I may sign up after next weekend, need to start winning some DE's again.
You can't win. We've tried. Turns out they are rigged.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,417 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_M3
They do, not sure when though. It would be great to see you out there.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 08-20-2009, 05:58 PM
pmgoodwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its a couple days before the event but not positive. I doubt they've closed registration with open slots before.

I just looked at the roster and gereen is already wait-listed. The other groups look like they have a few slots.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:40 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Hey, that's fantastic re: club racing! Although the idea of "caravan" "mardi gras" and "whiskey" conjures up some frightening images!

Yeah, if I end up towing vs. driving, I was thinking that Lafayette was the better launch point for the Saturday morning drive. How early do I need to get there to get a quick trip around the track in a golf cart?
30 minutes early should do it (before driver meeting).

There's alot of exiting news about the track and new ownership that I will packet for you to take back with you.

T

Quick Reply: Lone Star PCA at TWS Sept 12-13