Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Performance Driving School on TWS on Aug. 15, 2009 - Thanks Misty!

Old 08-16-2009, 12:55 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Great Performance Driving School on TWS on Aug. 15, 2009 - Thanks Misty!

Yesterday, I had my greatest day on the track. I have done about 8 DEs and signed up for a 1-day event for solo drivers that was run by TWS. Because the number of participants was about 25 they did not follow a run group schedule and changed it to 8 sessions a' 45 min with 15 min breaks in between.

In the Texas heat (close to 100) this was a lot of track time. I did 7 sessions with about 30 min. each and it was a blast. I had enough time to "play around" and learn my new car. I was a little bit concerned about the "corner passing with signal" because I am fairly inexperienced in blue solo compared to the race drivers. However, there was not a single passing issue I experienced all weekend long and I felt very secure.

This was by far my most fun day on the track and I would like to thank Misty and her team. Way to go! I will be back.

Erik
Old 08-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

They had a newish DE driver on the track with racers in an "open" passing situation? Glad it went well but doesn't sound like a good idea to me..
Old 08-16-2009, 04:48 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I was at this event also and had a great time. It was exhausting. I figure I spent nearly 4 1/2 hours on the track.

As far as the passing, it was open passing with a point-by. All of the advanced drivers were well aware of the mixed levels of experience, and we (at least I) tried to make adjustments for different drivers. I had several less experienced drivers tap their mirrors, and then wait until an appropriate straight to let me by. I also had several side-by-side's through turns with other experienced drivers. It worked just fine, and honestly I've seen MUCH worse passing etiquette and safety running in the top run-group at PCA.

Kudo's to Martin and Misty for putting on a well-run, driver oriented, SAFE event.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't there, but it doesn't surprise me that Misty and Martin ran another great event. I've really enjoyed running the PDS events.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,395 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by weneversleep
I wasn't there, but it doesn't surprise me that Misty and Martin ran another great event. I've really enjoyed running the PDS events.
+1

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great Performance Driving School on TWS on Aug. 15, 2009 - Thanks Misty!