Sponsored by:

Schumacher to fill in for Massa?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, something realistic for a chance. It seems that it won't be Gene who will replace Massa.
Not 100% done yet, but almost sure it will be Fisichella.

Not as exiting as Alonso or better yet, Schumi but it works out. Liuzzi then takes Fisichella's seat, Fisi will drive the remaining races and retires after this season
Force India still owes for Ferrari for their engines and Team Boss Vijay has been trying to get a seat for Liuzzi so Ferrari would get Fisichella without paying anything.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:30 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
OK, something realistic for a chance. It seems that it won't be Gene who will replace Massa.

Not as exiting as Alonso or better yet, Schumi but it works out. Liuzzi then takes Fisichella's seat, Fisi will drive the remaining races and retires after this season
Force India still owes for Ferrari for their engines and Team Boss Vijay has been trying to get a seat for Liuzzi so Ferrari would get Fisichella without paying anything.
Anything to make Kimi look good .......................or Bad ......

Fota pushing for 3 car team ..... I'm up with dat...
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...cars-per-team/
Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 AM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 car teams.
It's good they're going to move away from refueling.
More pit action for tires tires tires.
So how's 3 cars going to affect team budgets? And will the new teams have to field 3 cars?

So Fisi, how good are you in Ferrari's improving car.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:38 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,314 Likes on 1,958 Posts

This will NEVER EVER happen.

Ferrari didn't want Fisi in his prime, they're not going to go with him now. Neither Fisi nor Luizzi can develope a car. This does not make sense.

I'd love to see Schumi in the car to give A. Wayne a heart attack, especially when the 40 year old whips up on all the young pups, including his Beloved Fernando, but that is a long shot at best.

If Fisi were to enter the 2nd Ferrari, it would be such a slap in the face to Badoer or Gene that I can't imagine them staying on after this season. Either of these guys can develope the car and would make the most logical sense.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:27 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
This will NEVER EVER happen.

Ferrari didn't want Fisi in his prime, they're not going to go with him now. Neither Fisi nor Luizzi can develope a car. This does not make sense.

I'd love to see Schumi in the car to give A. Wayne a heart attack, especially when the 40 year old whips up on all the young pups, including his Beloved Fernando, but that is a long shot at best.

If Fisi were to enter the 2nd Ferrari, it would be such a slap in the face to Badoer or Gene that I can't imagine them staying on after this season. Either of these guys can develope the car and would make the most logical sense.

Develop? They aren't developing anything because they are just keeping the seat warm for Massa to return, and even in the event that he doesn't, they are keeping it warm for Alonso and whoever he'll be driving with next year. They still have Kimi in the other car so if any developing is being done it will go through him.

Do you think Piquet is developing the Renault?

Badoer and Gene will stay with whoever is paying their bills, if not I'm sure Ferrari can find 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 drivers who would love to test for them and have enough talent to be a test driver. If the guys aren't being chosen for the seat in Massa's absence that means Ferrari doesn't think that highly of them to begin with.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:37 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Although the 2010 regulations haven't been finalized yet, there will not be a huge change in the fashion the 2008 to 2009 regs were changed. This years car needs to be developed further to that end. What we do know is that the slicks will stay and there will be no KERS or refueling, meaning the car will have a bigger gas tank and all cars will handle very differently from the start of the race until the end.

Kimi is not capable of developing a car, the test drivers are. But there is a reason they are test drivers and not race drivers.

Pinquet is a unique situation. He was brought in because he would never challenge the fragile ego of Fernando Alonso as Hamilton did and initially he brought his name and later sponsorship. It's amazing he is still in that seat to day.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:45 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Kimi is not capable of developing a car, the test drivers are. But there is a reason they are test drivers and not race drivers.

Pete, that doesn't make any sense. In one breath you say that Kimi doesn't develop the car, the test drivers do, yet adding another driver who doesn't develop the car (Fisi) is a problem......?

How does that make any sense at all? And how can you say with any level of assurance that Kimi does not help to develop the car? There is no extra testing, so the only people that can develop the cars are the RACERS. And even so, if another driver was added, that person would be used to develop the car moreso than Kimi........ You've got to be kidding.

Still, if developing the car is a must for whoever takes Massa's seat, which if what you say about Kimi IS true, could NOT POSSIBLY be the case, then Ferrari would only have a handful of choices. Test Drivers or Schumacher.

Try to put this together so that is adds up. Right now you are talking in circles.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:53 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's true that for this year alone, test drivers are not being used. But that has only been 4 months. Test drivers were developing the car before the Australian GP and in the past.

The evidence shows that Kimi is not good at developing a car. Kimi stepped into Schumacher's car and won the WDC his first year at Ferrari. Kimi had no hand in the development of that car. From there on, Massa has been the better driver and from what I've read, the better developer and able to tell his engineers what the car is doing or not doing.

Both Massa and Kimi are still under contract. There's a reason why Ferrari is willing to let Kimi go and not Massa.

I have no idea if Fisi can develope a car or not, but if this is his swan song, he's not going develope the car anyway. All I know is that Fisi is a below par driver and that has been proven in both great cars he has driven and poor cars.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...29190859.shtml

OOPS! Didn't see other thread before posting.

Last edited by Bull; 07-29-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: mised other thread
Old 07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Finn, I hope your not a gambling man....... Wayne was found at the pharmacy asking for "whatever you gave Michael Jackson, make a double". Problem is, FOX Sports may ask for more broadcasts.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:29 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bobt993
Finn, I hope your not a gambling man....... Wayne was found at the pharmacy asking for "whatever you gave Michael Jackson, make a double". Problem is, FOX Sports may ask for more broadcasts.
Haha, how was the fox broadcast. I watched it on ITV and I almost forgot you guys had to suffer through that. Did they mistakenly identify every black person at the paddock as Lewis Hamilton's brother again this year?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Problem is, FOX Sports may ask for more broadcasts.
NO !!!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:15 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fox Sports and have 'em bring in Montoya and Bourdais as commentators.
That'll be a hoot.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wayne was last seen at Lowe's wrapping his head in duct tape to keep it from exploding.....

Last edited by Ray S; 07-29-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:49 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pretty funny Pete!

100% sure it won't be Schumi.My guess who will it be? Gene. He's driven the new car (although only straight line tests), last drove F1 in a real track at the end of 2008, is Spanish where the next race is and has raced recently (this year's Le Mans winner).

Hanging around A. Wayne too long, eh?

Where is that rat bastard A. Wayne? He's a scared little ..... right about now.... I can't find him anywhere, not even in OT or P&C. I need a shower after going in there...

Quick Reply: Schumacher to fill in for Massa?