Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NY Tri-State "Rumble to ALMS @ Lime Rock - Benefitting CFSRF" - July 18th

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NY Tri-State "Rumble to ALMS @ Lime Rock - Benefitting CFSRF" - July 18th

Figured some here may be interested...

Hey guys,

Bob and I are back from our Charity drive to VT and what a blast it was! Looks like everyone had a great time who came out and we were able to raise $1606 for ALS and DAV. Thanks again everyone!

I know everyone is itching for another drive so here it is! We will be taking a nice drive to the ALMS Race @ Lime Rock. For those who are not familiar with ALMS (http://www.americanlemans.com) it is a professional race that features prototypes and GT cars (Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, etc.). Lime Rock is a great place to watch a race as you are able to walk around the park and have different view points of the race.

Bob and I would like to continue the tradition of driving for a cause. This time we will be benefitting the "Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund" (www.cfsrf.org). The fund provides College Grants and Financial Assistance to surviving children and spouses of our U.S. military service members who have lost their lives in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. We will also be benefitting the fund with a raffle for a complimentary track day at Monticello Motorclub.

Caravan Details
Date: Saturday, July 18th
Time: 7:00 AM
Meeting Location: TBD
Registration/Donation: $20 per car (100% of the proceeds will go to "Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund")
Raffle for chance to win a Track Day at Monticello Motorclub: $10 each or Three for $25 (100% of the proceeds will go to "Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund")

ALMS Tickets (optional)
Tickets are $60/pp for the Saturday events and will need to be purchased individually at: Click HERE for General Admission tickets

UPDATE: They have just added a "Porsche Car Corral" for the race. First 50 Porsches to arrive will be able to do Parade Laps on the track (don't think we'll be able to make it to this however), but you will get to park will your fellow enthusiasts in a Porsche-only section. I highly recommend this option as it's only $5 more than the regular tickets.
Here is the ticket info for the corral: Click HERE for Porsche Corral tickets

Of course this is all optional. Please feel free to tag along for the drive and then head back when we arrive at Lime Rock.

ALMS schedule of events: Click HERE for Schedule of Events

If interested in joining us, please reply to this thread.

Please keep your eye out on the 993 thread as this will be the only version that will be updated.