Old 06-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pyruvate
Bought it. Great deal with a very nice spare package. It is a great car, and Jean-Luc and Chris Young are both great.

Mark, you were the one that got me going down this slippery slope 2 years ago!! I started in SRF on your recommendation, and now look where I am, in a Stohr.

I won't get rid of the SRF though. It's hard to find a better wheel-to-wheel package.

______
Jason
Very nice on that purchase. That and Jaremko's car were available for smokin deals this winter. Jaremko's car is down here in NC. I ran against it earlier this year in the FC. They've been fighting some engine issues, but when it runs, it RUNS.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:21 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

SRF wasn't much better as I was running top 3 times during the test day (2:40 flat). Ended up qualifying 10th in traffic. Had a MAF sensor come loose on the opening lap of the race and watched 50+ cars steamroll by. Those rumble strips are rough.
Did you have a nice view of the traffic jam in turn eight?

The announcers were having fun during the red flag: "We see some great opportunities on some slightly used Spec Racer Fords parked just beyond turn eight....."
Old 06-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Very nice on that purchase. That and Jaremko's car were available for smokin deals this winter. Jaremko's car is down here in NC. I ran against it earlier this year in the FC. They've been fighting some engine issues, but when it runs, it RUNS.
His is the Rotary car, right? I think I still have a burn mark on my old helmet from coming down the pit lane and running through a 10 foot wall of flames as he fired that thing back up to pull into the paddock.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Jean-Luc's car? Wow, I used to race against him here in SEDiv. occasionally. Sounds like a great weekend other than the mechanical issues.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Barfly
Racer

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Did you have a nice view of the traffic jam in turn eight?

The announcers were having fun during the red flag: "We see some great opportunities on some slightly used Spec Racer Fords parked just beyond turn eight....."
Nah, didn't make it that far, barely finished lap one. I heard about the red flag fiasco. The SRF group goes crazy at the Sprints. Must be something in the water.

______
Jason
Old 06-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Barfly
Racer

Originally Posted by srf506
Jean-Luc's car? Wow, I used to race against him here in SEDiv. occasionally. Sounds like a great weekend other than the mechanical issues.
The pace was good, but the results were disappointing. Jean-Luc did very well. He qualified 2nd, but had a mechanical issue leaving the grid. It was fixed, but he had to start 69th. By lap 9 (shortened race due to the red flag), he was 13th. Very nice.

______
Jason
Old 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought it. Great deal with a very nice spare package. It is a great car, and Jean-Luc and Chris Young are both great.

Mark, you were the one that got me going down this slippery slope 2 years ago!! I started in SRF on your recommendation, and now look where I am, in a Stohr.

I won't get rid of the SRF though. It's hard to find a better wheel-to-wheel package.

______
Jason
My wife has a speech she gives when we meet new couples. Directed to the other wife and it goes something like this...

"I am not responsible for anything your husband does, or money he spends on crazy hobbies, if you allow him to associate with Mark".

The DSR is a hoot to run but the only really good fields are usually at the Sprints and Runoffs. SRF always has good fields.

Congrats on getting a great car. I saw the list of spares and it blew me away.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:15 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
His is the Rotary car, right? I think I still have a burn mark on my old helmet from coming down the pit lane and running through a 10 foot wall of flames as he fired that thing back up to pull into the paddock.
No rotaries in DSR. You are probably thinking of Jacek Mucha's CSR flamethrower.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Or Jim Downing's CSR that is Red and really F)&*(&ing loud.

The Jaremko car is now owned by Bob Wheless. It's bodywork is the Raw Carbon with red/yellow vinyl down the sides. He's only had it since March or so.

Quick Reply: why does the crew push a race car after a pit stop