Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More questions about Wets???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 02:47 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

George, I hear good things about the Dunlops. At this stage I'm only running 17's on a spare set of Simmons and using them for these wets. Otherwise I'd like to go up to 18's and have a set of A6s for inters and dry. Need to get myself rich quickly!

DMW, I've heard of people using wets for hillclimbs but not inters. I think that's the idea with using A6s and having them cut for inters.

Joe, I just noticed you're in AZ so you probably don't need much in the rain dept anyway.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm lurking guys. We have much the same outings as Patrick and even our races are only 8 or 10 laps. I see guys going back to UHP street tires if the track is wet, which I cannot comprehend. Using MPSC's for dry and wet track, but like Patrick looking for what to use in pouring rain. Currently running Yoko A48's with full tread hen it's real wet. Guess our kind of driving is compromising tire choice compared to full out racing.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I wound up buying the Dunlops. They're basically the same as in the pic on the first page Henk although these look like they were hand cut by someone who had been out to a Looonnggg lunch lol.
Won't make too much difference to the Rooster tail though. Looks like I might get to test them this weekend. I'm thinking about using them for our Motokhanas too. A short version of the US Auto X which we run a few patterns in the dry and then they wet the track. These should be good for both I'm hoping.
How's progress on your beauty?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 PM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Same here, we're opening a new track this weekend and it is rainy season. Will use the 911 coz, next week we'll do the electrical works in the 944 and fire xtinguisher etc. Then decals and hope to start testing mid june.
H

Quick Reply: More questions about Wets???