Sponsored by:

Helmet radio kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet radio kit

I’m looking for a helmet radio kit that has a solid chin mount on the side not the ear plug raciever riveted on the side as per usual.

BTW does anyone now when the SA 2010 helmets will be available?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:42 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Haven't seen a mic kit with the chin mount. We do helmet mic installations and usually route the mic and cord under the helmet liner so it's not exposed on the outside of the helmet and just use a "P" clamp to secure the cord that connects to the radio.

SNELL does not allow the manufacturers to release the SA2010 models until late 2010 (usually October). One of the most significant changes to the SA2010 rating is the helmet shell sizes must be specific to head size. Most (if not all) helmets use the same size shell for sizes small/Medium and large/XL helmets and just add more padding to the helmets for interior fit. SNELL is requiring the manufacturers to have a specific shell size (6 shell sizes I believe...) in order to earn the SA rating.

It took some time for the SA05 helmets to come out - some weren't available until mid 2006 from the manufacturers. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the SA2010 helmets aren't availble until early to mid 2011 now that the manufacturers will have to use various sized shells.

If you get an SA05 helmet, it should be good until at least 2015/2016 depending on your sanctioning body.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook

Quick Reply: Helmet radio kit