Pics from Sebring PBOC Event 5-16-09

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pics from Sebring PBOC Event 5-16-09

We had a good weekend at Sebring this weekend. Kevin, Tom and I were racing with PBOC on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately Tom went out in the Saturday race and had to call it a weekend. Kevin and I were able to stay the entire weekend.
Saturday's 60 minute enduro was a great event. I had a lot of friends and family helping out with the 5 minute mandatory pit stop. Sunday's 30 minute sprint race started in the rain. It made for some exciting but educational racing. I was able to take the overall lead for one lap!!! as all the super high horsepower cars could not stay on the track. However, once they got their act together and the track started drying out they passed me and I settled for a 4th overall and class win. I was classed in R3 this weekend. I believe I will be classed R2 next time as I was moved to R3 because I was a rookie. I should be in R2 with my car.
Overall it was a blast. I am uploading the YouTube video from a friend's car of the rainy rolling start. (I will edit the post when it finishes and post the link) I don't know why but the green flag seemed to take everyone by surprise so I went from 8th to 2nd on the start. It was awesome racing in the rain

Lindsey and Tom

In grid for Qual Sunday

LJ in race grid Sunday

Kevin (red wheels) and LJ in Race grid Sunday
Old 05-17-2009, 08:15 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I totally hated not driving over to hang with you guys and take some pictures for you all. I have a very long week (1800 miles of driving) this week and needed to stay home to catch up on honey do's ect.

Why did Tom cut it short? How did Kevin do? Hope to see you all soon!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:45 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
I totally hated not driving over to hang with you guys and take some pictures for you all. I have a very long week (1800 miles of driving) this week and needed to stay home to catch up on honey do's ect.

Why did Tom cut it short? How did Kevin do? Hope to see you all soon!
We missed seeing you this weekend. Kevin did great and finished strong. He had a class problem on Saturday but got it straightened out on Sunday morning. I did not stay for the second race today.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:35 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was sorry to hear about Tom when I showed up today... however, I still expect my dollar.

Lindsey you did awesome in the rain today, I bet you wish it had rained the whole race! Great start and you more than held your own against the much faster vipers and ferrari challenge cars.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:38 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3CAR
We had a good weekend at Sebring this weekend. Kevin, Tom and I were racing with PBOC on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately Tom went out in the Saturday race and had to call it a weekend. Kevin and I were able to stay the entire weekend.
Saturday's 60 minute enduro was a great event. I had a lot of friends and family helping out with the 5 minute mandatory pit stop. Sunday's 30 minute sprint race started in the rain. It made for some exciting but educational racing. I was able to take the overall lead for one lap!!! as all the super high horsepower cars could not stay on the track. However, once they got their act together and the track started drying out they passed me and I settled for a 4th overall and class win. I was classed in R3 this weekend. I believe I will be classed R2 next time as I was moved to R3 because I was a rookie. I should be in R2 with my car.
Overall it was a blast. I am uploading the YouTube video from a friend's car of the rainy rolling start. (I will edit the post when it finishes and post the link) I don't know why but the green flag seemed to take everyone by surprise so I went from 8th to 2nd on the start. It was awesome racing in the rain

Lindsey and Tom

In grid for Qual Sunday

LJ in race grid Sunday

Kevin (red wheels) and LJ in Race grid Sunday
Lindsey great weekend for you guys. You should be very proud you had an awesome weekend and drove great

sorry I crashed out sat but you know how that is. minor damage will be back next event.

see ya soon!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

We missed you Tom! You shoulda seen Lindsey - you'd have been proud of him. Lindsey was drag racing a Ferrari Challenge car down the front straight in the wet and then tried to get into an out-braking contest! We were all screaming in the pits! Great stuff.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:40 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

You did great this weekend Lindsey. I also had a good time. For $20 next time I will purposely disconnect Kevin's mike so you can just talk smack to him the whole race and he wont be able to answer....
Old 05-18-2009, 05:32 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

+1 for Lindsey he was BOLD in the rain and get-n-it done.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:52 PM
mbb993
Instructor

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Sorry I missed it. Will try to make the next one in Homestead if your still planning that.
Cheers!
Mark
Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Yep. we are going to do the PBOC circuit this year (and some NASA and PCA)...
Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Lindsey,
+1 on all the above about how well you drove on Sat and Sun. I have your two spins on video and will post a greatest hits video of all the action in the rain race.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brinkley
Lindsey,
+1 on all the above about how well you drove on Sat and Sun. I have your two spins on video and will post a greatest hits video of all the action in the rain race.
That would be awesome. Thanks for all the great comments. Needless to say this first weekend of racing has just made my addiction much worse. Kudos to "Brinkley" for being ready to drive around my spins in the rain as I was finding my limits!

Here is a short video of the rainy start on Sunday AM. The video is from a friend's car. I am the silver car in front of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4o-KtU143E
Old 05-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Brinkley
Pro

Default Best of Video

Here is from my incar. You will see the start is a little harder to see due to the fact I am back in the pack. I had a great race with Kevin in the enduro.

Terry enjoyed the pass at the end of Bishop's Bend at about the 2:50min mark.

Last edited by Brinkley; 05-19-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:42 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Awesome start Lindsey.....
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Great Video Brinkley, very clean driving and spins for all with R6's and not rains.......

Quick Reply: Pics from Sebring PBOC Event 5-16-09