Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traqmate Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009 | 09:54 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by webbie
Interested depending on price. I assumed we are talking about the Traqmate Complete kit here.
+1 vs G2X
Old 05-17-2009 | 10:53 AM
DanR
Drifting

Originally Posted by fhp911
SO ...

do we have a group price? (and how big does the group have to be?)
I will confirm Monday but I was provisionally quoted $850 for minimum of 5 units
Old 05-17-2009 | 09:17 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Don't be sorry later because you saved an inconsequential amount of money now.... just my $.02
Old 05-17-2009 | 10:06 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Without taking sides what is regarded as the best system, including potential add ons.
Old 05-17-2009 | 10:10 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Without taking sides what is regarded as the best system, including potential add ons.
MoTec
Old 05-17-2009 | 10:26 PM
Giacomo
Pro

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
MoTec
Agreed, but that is in another price range altogether.
Old 05-17-2009 | 10:40 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

For the price, it's IQ3 IMHO.. and I have an AIM Pista.
Old 05-17-2009 | 10:49 PM
DanR
Drifting

GAry, is it the data logging and analysis capability on the IQ3 vs traqmate or the fact that it is also a digital dash that makes it so good??
Old 05-17-2009 | 10:59 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I'm no expert Dan, but the fact that the IQ3 offers a dash similar to the MUCH higher priced AIM along with better (read that as EASIER to use) software and all the same sensor capabilities (along with video) I would lean toward the IQ3. I certainly would like to hear opposing views as to why (other then the $400 cost, which equates to ONE.25 rear Hoosiers to me..lol) the Traqmate is an equal option. Expandability is not something to dismiss in our business....

I should add. I currently HATE AIM and their worthless software and support. To pay over $5000 for my system and have the president of AIM write me to say (i paraphrase) "Gee whiz, I have a group of IDIOTS working for me and I can't get the USB to work in Vista 64" is ....ummm SLIGHTLY unacceptable. Add to that that they won't give Tony the GPS data to link video to their system is pure BS and I call upon ALL to STOP buying their systems. Let them sell them in Italy, as it seems we are all IDIOTS here in the US and don't deserve their support. Mine is for sale...
Old 05-17-2009 | 11:27 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I'm no expert Dan, but the fact that the IQ3 offers a dash similar to the MUCH higher priced AIM along with better (read that as EASIER to use) software and all the same sensor capabilities (along with video) I would lean toward the IQ3. I certainly would like to hear opposing views as to why (other then the $400 cost, which equates to ONE.25 rear Hoosiers to me..lol) the Traqmate is an equal option. Expandability is not something to dismiss in our business....

I should add. I currently HATE AIM and their worthless software and support. To pay over $5000 for my system and have the president of AIM write me to say (i paraphrase) "Gee whiz, I have a group of IDIOTS working for me and I can't get the USB to work in Vista 64" is ....ummm SLIGHTLY unacceptable. Add to that that they won't give Tony the GPS data to link video to their system is pure BS and I call upon ALL to STOP buying their systems. Let them sell them in Italy, as it seems we are all IDIOTS here in the US and don't deserve their support. Mine is for sale...
Gary - I feel your frustration as well. I have to keep the faith that they will (soon) upgrade their software, and enable video inputs via Chasecam, or something similar. They've got to be feeling the competition, especially in this market. IF they don't, then they really don't have a clue, and risk losing a LOT of business. How long will it be before Traqmate enables more inputs? Maybe Motec makes a cheaper solution? Who knows.... AIM is not being smart. I hope they are listening. I have too much invested in mine to rip it out of my car.
Old 05-17-2009 | 11:29 PM
smankow
Pro

I might be interested. any word from Tony with regard to the group pricing of the G2X Pro?

Steve
Old 05-18-2009 | 12:03 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

I'm trying to avoid raining on Dan's thread here. Maybe a new thread on a Racepak group buy is in order?

The Racepak G2X is the best choice for a situation where you want a datalogger with a nice display that it not to big to install comfortably in a stock-like interior. The G2X display provides programmable shift lights, and a choice of displays including completed lap times and predictive lap timing which gives you the delta time updated every 300mseconds between your best lap and your curent lap.

The Racepak IQ3 is a display dash, which is better suited to a decicated track/race car. As Gary says, it provides better features than most AiM installations at a considerably lower price.
Old 05-18-2009 | 12:21 AM
DanR
Drifting

Tony, please rain in. I like all the other listers here want to make the right decision and information is a good thing!!!! I actually went on the racepak sight but the links to the IQ3 were not working as I wanted to see the analysis capabilities

How attractive would a group buy be?
Old 05-18-2009 | 12:58 AM
Giacomo
Pro

Although I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I'm with Gary, the iq3 strikes me as presenting the best overall package in that price point (and above). A plug and play GPS dash including shift/warning lights that is also capable of adding sensors and displaying sensor readouts.
Old 05-18-2009 | 03:07 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Not trying to sway anyone here... but remember the it's all about the software. So evaluate the software in your decisions too. Most of the software is downloadable for free for these units. I would be willing to bet most of Gary's frustrations are mostly with the AiM software. I don't blame him.. ;-).

Our SPBOX gets our MoTeC install starting in the next couple of weeks...there just is no comparison.

Quick Reply: Traqmate Group Buy