Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attending ALMS race at MMP this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:01 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Attending ALMS race at MMP this weekend?

Anyone going? I'll be there again this year...

-Blake
Old 05-15-2009, 06:12 PM
troppo
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I am thinking about going tomorrow for qualifying. Are you going to be there both days?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:19 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

I'll definitely be there on Sunday all day, but doubt I'll be able to get out there on Saturday...

I expect to meet one Rennlister out there though on Sunday (he IMd)... He's a fellow 6GT3 owner from Portland...

-Blake
Old 05-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by troppo
I am thinking about going tomorrow for qualifying. Are you going to be there both days?
You must have been good luck -- Joerg put #45 on the pole!

Nice, I guess now it's a question of the tires holding up over the race.

What is the weather like out there?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Just got home from the track. Temps were 80 degrees and it was clear and sunny. The racing was very good - so be sure to watch it on SpeedTV tonight at 10pm ET. Compared to last year, I'd say the number of specators declines 50-60%. I talked to some of my buddies on Operations, and they told me MMP has laid off 50% of this staff over the past year. Tough times...

My son and I had a great time though and were able to meet up with a Rennlister from Portland (Josh) who stopped by my garage. Always great to see fellow GT3ers/Rennlister! I'm trying to convince the wife to join my for the next ALMS race Lime Rock in July. I grew up at that track, and hope to meet up with Rennlisters there as well...

-Blake
Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you catch the IMSA GT3 Challenge? I got taken out in T1 about 20 minutes in but it was still great fun.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blake
Just got home from the track. Temps were 80 degrees and it was clear and sunny. The racing was very good - so be sure to watch it on SpeedTV tonight at 10pm ET. Compared to last year, I'd say the number of specators declines 50-60%. I talked to some of my buddies on Operations, and they told me MMP has laid off 50% of this staff over the past year. Tough times...

My son and I had a great time though and were able to meet up with a Rennlister from Portland (Josh) who stopped by my garage. Always great to see fellow GT3ers/Rennlister! I'm trying to convince the wife to join my for the next ALMS race Lime Rock in July. I grew up at that track, and hope to meet up with Rennlisters there as well...

-Blake
Hey Blake, glad to hear you had a great time with your son!

It seemed like Long Beach attendance was about the same, but maybe more people have to travel to go to MMP in Utah?

On TV, it looked like Laguna Seca stands were completely emplty for the Rolex race this weekend.

Jim -- sorry to hear you got taken out early, hope the car's fine.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
Did you catch the IMSA GT3 Challenge? I got taken out in T1 about 20 minutes in but it was still great fun.
I saw you get taken out. Bad luck but it was fun to watch. I love watching you guys. Much more fun than Le Mans. Great job!!!!

Quick Reply: Attending ALMS race at MMP this weekend?