Sponsored by:

Remember Milt Minter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
911CabSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remember Milt Minter?

The Vintage Auto Racing Association (VARA) is holding an event at Sears Point May 29-31. Part of this event will be a tribute to the legendary driver Milt Minter who recently passed away.. The celebration will include many of his driving buddies, historic cars, and other tributes.

VARA very much wants to include Milt's widow in this celebration but does not have any contact information for her.

VARA contacted me to help in this search effort.. If anyone knows how to get in touch with Mrs. Minter, please send me a PM and I will forward you the VARA contact information.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, Milt passed away just before Christmas 2004. I met him in the early '70s, crewed for him at times, and remained friends with him and Missy for many year a long time ago. He was somewhat of a "mentor" in my SCCA days, back before the term mentor was in vogue. I'm sorry to say that I don't know where to find his wife now. But, I will try to find out her contact info.

The small picture below my signature is of his motor home at a race. He was an early promoter of the idea of staying at the track during races. I had the picture, in a larger size, as my avatar for quite a while...until I was told to remove it. Here it is in the larger size (Donkey Bop!):

Edit: This thread inspired me to change my avatar to the current picture of Milt on Peter Gregg's ***.

Quick Reply: Remember Milt Minter?