Sponsored by:

Ferrari to leave F1 if the 2010 regulations will not be amented

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:30 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
.......................... ............................
See, now THAT was funny!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:52 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

With Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull/STR and Toyota thats 10 cars potentially leaving the grid...........FIA got to pay attention.

I've been a F1 fan for ~40 years and still love the 'racing'. The racing is what the fans go for, the atmosphere, the noise, the crowd, the cheering for the various manufacturers and drivers and nations.

Let FOTA appoint a new regulatory board, dump Max and Bernie and lets get on with the racing.

Can't wait for the cars to be going through the Monaco Tunnel at +10 volume.

I'll add if Bernie was honest about the racing why does Monaco, Hungary and such like tracks still exist while the US and Canadian GPs are omitted.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
With Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull/STR and Toyota thats 10 cars potentially leaving the grid...........FIA got to pay attention.

I've been a F1 fan for ~40 years and still love the 'racing'. The racing is what the fans go for, the atmosphere, the noise, the crowd, the cheering for the various manufacturers and drivers and nations.

Let FOTA appoint a new regulatory board, dump Max and Bernie and lets get on with the racing.

I'll add if Bernie was honest about the racing why does Monaco, Hungary and such like tracks still exist while the US and Canadian GPs are omitted.
+Williams as they would loose their Toyota engines.

That leaves the Mercedes powered cars (Brawn, McLaren & Force India) and BMW (who would also likely pull out).
Old 05-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with most you say but dropping Monaco from F1 calendar is like Ferrari leaving F1. It's just one of those things.

You can and should drop all of these new crappy Tilke tracks but Monaco? No way, it's just part of F1. The racing ain't of course why it's there but everything else and having experienced it at first hand, it IS special.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:46 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

I didn't suggest dropping Monaco............the resonating noise is worth the price of omission alone.

The point being Bernie has stated why F1 races don't happen at certain tracks but they still do at others and its not because of the racing.....................................................$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$

Take Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Indy and dare I say Silverstone as great race tracks..........F1 cars at WFO through Copse corner heading for Maggots & Becketts, shivers down the spine.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't suggest dropping Monaco............the resonating noise is worth the price of omission alone.

The point being Bernie has stated why F1 races don't happen at certain tracks but they still do at others and its not because of the racing.....................................................$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$

Take Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Indy and dare I say Silverstone as great race tracks..........F1 cars at WFO through Copse corner heading for Maggots & Becketts, shivers down the spine.
Completely agree with everything, especially about the noise in Monaco, just walking down from the upper area of the city down to the harbor and hearing the Porsche supercups' noise echoing from the buildings is pretty damn cool...

Last edited by Flying Finn; 05-14-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This is gamesmanships being played at the highest level.

Each side waiting for the other to blink. Bernie and Max have brought on this kind of behavior and both need to move on IMHO.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:57 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tilke, Mosley, Ecclestone.
The Axis of Eeevil.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:53 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say more power to Ferrari and to Montezumolo, and this is from a McLaren fan.

I'd suggest slapping Mosley around, but he'd probably enjoy it.

Quick Reply: Ferrari to leave F1 if the 2010 regulations will not be amented