Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SENNA REMEMBERED

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:24 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg Moore was killed at Fontana, on October 31, 1999.

Ratzenberger, Senna (Jeff Krosnoff, Scott Brayton, Moore)...I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard about each of them.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:10 AM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Greg Moore was killed at Fontana, on October 31, 1999.

Ratzenberger, Senna (Jeff Krosnoff, Scott Brayton, Moore)...I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard about each of them.
Yes, Greg's was a sad day. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, home town boy.
Zanardi's day was hard to take too. Such a wonderful character.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 AM
GaryM05
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daigo
Yes, Greg's was a sad day. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, home town boy.
Zanardi's day was hard to take too. Such a wonderful character.
Zanardi's was tough - it happened while my wife and I were on our honeymoon, and when I saw they were showing motor racing news on the small-town local TV station at the Canadian resort we were at, I knew it couldn't be for any good reason.

The worst for me though was Gordon Smiley - I had met him just a few weeks before at a local promotional event (one of his sponsors had a big facility near my hometown), had gotten his picture and autograph and spent a long time looking at his car. I was only 6 at the time, and just didn't understand what had happened when my dad told me a few weeks later that he had been killed. I just literally didn't get it that this guy who I had met just recently could be dead. RIP.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by va122
I loved seeing senna in the rain...
Everyone did.

Senna truly was something special, after he died, there has never been anyone like him and I doubt there ever will.

Quick Reply: SENNA REMEMBERED