Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swimming with the sharks......

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009 | 07:23 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Well done Paolo! Mark (Sunday) already caught what I noticed about staying too close to a slower car, back off and build momentum. Still, no crashes - a great start!
Thank you Sir.....

Let's not forget that without your instructions at Tremblant and Calabogie
and your recommandation on my behalf to Susan Shire, I would not be racing now.....
Old 04-27-2009 | 07:27 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Bellissimo Paolo!

As said above you kept it clean and finished the race. An admirable goal for your first race.
Smooth hands, now just look further ahead to take advantage of those opportunities that will come up.
Old 04-27-2009 | 09:41 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Congrats! I was wondering if we were really going to see the day and now you're on YouTube....

Racecraft is learned by trial and error (or success) and you never stop learning. I'm sitting here right now thinking about how I could have handled a couple of situations better at Homestead this weekend.

First rule is to stay calm and to think ahead (as in hundreds of feet). See ALL the action, not just the car in front of you. Pick your spots and plan things out. I'm not saying brute force isn't sometimes necessary...because it is, it's just that if you're going to take a risk, a planned pass has a higher likelihood of sticking.

Bad things happen when decisions are rushed or not well thought out at 100+mph.
Old 04-27-2009 | 09:43 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Rick, I have lots to tell you in a couple weeks........

You really should try the "wild" side, like Qwickrick, myself and DanR. did, you might be surprised.....
We need an emoticon for me covering my eyes and blocking my ears!
Old 04-27-2009 | 09:51 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Looks to me like that black 911 is holding up the whole queue, none of whom were feeling dicey enough to make the pass
The black 911 was holding up at least two rookies and the red car behind him, and I don't think any of us, wanted to chance anything on our first race.
Old 04-27-2009 | 09:58 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Great Racing! Clean Racing. You caught up to the red 996.

I remember seeing jupan and the other 964 cup guys at Road America. I think they did all their passing on the grass.
Old 04-27-2009 | 10:19 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jaholmes
I remember seeing jupan and the other 964 cup guys at Road America. I think they did all their passing on the grass.
You gotta do what you gotta do when you don't have a lot of power.
Old 04-27-2009 | 10:21 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
The black 911 was holding up at least two rookies and the red car behind him, and I don't think any of us, wanted to chance anything on our first race.
Hey Rick,

I was one of the other rookies---and the dude in the red 964 behind the black 993. I was on his *** pretty much the entire race and had a blast dicing it up with him. He used some clever tactics to keep me from passing. I finally got him on the second to last lap when he overcooked his entry to West Bend and I skated by on the Downhill. Wow, what a great time!!!

Mike
Old 04-27-2009 | 10:33 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
How can I go back to DE now? Anyway......
I dunno;

Sorta looks like a DE to me? Some fast guys, some fast cars, some slow guys in fast cars. People all over the place! Whatsda big deal?

Great job, Paolo. Thank God we don't have to deal with your endless racing trepidation any longer!
Old 04-27-2009 | 10:46 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RedlineMan
I dunno;

Sorta looks like a DE to me? Some fast guys, some fast cars, some slow guys in fast cars. People all over the place! Whatsda big deal?

Great job, Paolo. Thank God we don't have to deal with your endless racing trepidation any longer!
John.....Touché.....in the spirit of our French/Canadian adventures......
Old 04-27-2009 | 10:48 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by K964

I was one of the other rookies---and the dude in the red 964 behind the black 993. I was on his *** pretty much the entire race and had a blast dicing it up with him. He used some clever tactics to keep me from passing. I finally got him on the second to last lap when he overcooked his entry to West Bend and I skated by on the Downhill. Wow, what a great time!!!

Mike
Mike, nice meeting you at LRP, it looks like you and I can have some fun at the Glen......
You are going, aren't you?

Quick Reply: Swimming with the sharks......