Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put it over the car, lower it as low as possible before you leave for the night and compression strap (not the stupid twine that comes with it) each corner to the car wheels. It won't go anywhere and there's minimal risk of it blowing away and scratching someone's $100k race car (my biggest concern)
Old 04-27-2009, 08:26 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant go wrong with 1" emt and a track shelter kit. I think you can still get them as pegasus . Get some colored duct tape and a sharpie. The tarp part can be replaced the tubes break down and store easy. I have seen some of those easy ups head for Kansas looking for Dorothy. A little work on the emt cutting the first time. You need a porta-band and a tape measure.

Regards
Tsheehan
Old 04-28-2009, 11:17 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is mine.

I got these two from costco. They are the carvan type used mostly by craft vendors at outdoor shows. both are 10x10. I have used them for 5-6 years. I made some cement blocks by using old Mobil 1 boxes as forms. The front hooks to the back of the truck.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

+1 for Caravan. Although we did have an incident last weekend and bent a couple parts. But no fear, we can get spares from Caravan.

We need those cement block thingi's.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

At the kart races I saw something pretty slick to hold down the EZ up, guys took their used rear kart tires and filled them with concrete with an eye bolt in the middle, then attached straps to the corners of the EZ up.Small, heavy, and if you do it right the rubber will keep them from scratching things up or sliding around during transport. I wouldn't expect them to stand up to a storm, but I wouldn't count on car wheels or cinderbocks either. When it gets windy it's best to just pull of the cover or take down the EZ up to keep it from flying away and hurting someone.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah when I used to race karts we did the same thing. They hold down the tent damn well, I would be surprised to see the weather pull up that much weight. It would snap the arms of the tent before it lifted a tire off the ground.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

just a heads up.... on the awnings, (not ez up type)

A few yrs ago, a 3 car awning was held down w/ 2 wheels/tires on each pole, then a gust came thru and flipped the canopy over the rig, tossing 6 wheels into the paddock.

real lucky no one got hit.

Quick Reply: EZ Up