Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts
Default Limerock Club Race 2009!

Not over yet, details to follow!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:33 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 69 Posts

I was there for the test day on Thursday. Weather wasn't the best but suposed to be perfect Friday and Saturday. It looked like there is a good turn out for the race.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Alan G.
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default yeah man

Judgeing from Fridays activity, looks like the best turnout since I started going in 2002. It'll be interesting to see how many PCA track records fall with the new pavement.

++ smooth pavement, -- nasty curbing, hotter than normal track temps = very interesting. If any of the faster parties decides to throw new tires at the later morning practise they might be able to set a pretty high bar.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

So did my friends Fred C., Sean F., Chris T., Tim , Steve B., and Mike I!

My mentored student Paolo did all his practices and races safely, big congratulations to him for completing his 1st club race! Sean's "student" Dan did very well also, think we have two new permanent additions to the ranks!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:47 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Pictures: http://gallery.me.com/ilko#100051

Last edited by ilko; 04-25-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:52 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no doubt in my mind, that is the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on!!!!! I went into the weekend with a little trepidation as I dont have the most experience in th world and when I saw that my enduro was with the cup cars (vs my little 944) I did wonder what I had gotten into.

Thursday
PAck up car and set off nice and early for the DE. Thursday was a little but of a write off day as the weather was horrid. That said the rain did allow time to make some new friends!!! In fact forget about the racing I have to say that the biggest memory I will take away with me is what a fantastic set of guys were at Limerock this year. Everyone made me feel welcome and even took the time to answer my 20th dumb rookie question. It also helped paddocking with great guys (Sean (my mentor) Gary Paulo and Fred.............. you made it for me so a big thanks)

It is funny but the Thursday for me felt strange as it was a DE with racers and I did not know what to expect. I spent most of the sessions politely (I am British) pointing people by.

Friday
My mentor had a good chat with me about getting my race head on and that made the procedings easier for me. Just allowed me to drive my line and if people pass me they pass but I did not need to give it them and I should be predictable. My times were ok for and I managed to get into the 1.02s which was a first. I have to say it now, I thought as I made my first earned pass in the first session that DE will never be the same.

I wish I had a picture but i reakon that I had the biggest smile in the world

Saturday
The wife was back in town so she came to the track with me for support. (she actually enjoyed it and is now going to do a DE) warm up and then practice I got my times progressively down however in qualifying I think I forgot everything I ever learnt. Qualified in 17 in the sprint and 3rd in class. As I got in the car to go our for the first sprint I felt no nerves!!!!............. this was not to last. Byt the time the grid was forming I could feel the nervous energy, now what had I been told, pick a gear, remember to shift and stay out of trouble. I only managed 2 out of the 3 as I was in 4th not second for the start. (rookie error eh) Got through the first corner ok and was already in a race with and 964. By lap 2 a fellow 944 driver had overtaken me however by the next lap I had set up a pass by getting a run on the downhill, managed to outbrake him to the inside and was back on the tail of the 964. We were within a cars length for the next 16 laps and I could not get past him, until the last lap when I got a run through the downhill and managed to pass him within 50 yards of the chequer. TO say I was pumped was an understatement. To me, I had won my race.

Will I do it again, you bet ya yes!

Thanks again for anyone who offered me advice or kind words!!! See you at the Glen
Old 04-25-2009, 10:19 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I'm not gonna pay $99 to sign up for MobileMe, but I'd love to see some pix, post here please!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:34 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
I'm not gonna pay $99 to sign up for MobileMe, but I'd love to see some pix, post here please!
Sorry dude, wrong link. Try this: http://gallery.me.com/ilko#100051
Old 04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

THE LRP RACE WAS AWESOME..........

A big thanks to Gary R. for mentoring me,

to the D boys: Fred and Sean for their support

and to all the other Rennlisters (too many to mention) that came by congratulate and welcomed me to the "club".......

Finally a big applause for Dan R. for achieving podium in his first rookie race......

Can't wait for the Glen..........
Old 04-25-2009, 10:56 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
THE LRP RACE WAS AWESOME..........
+1!

No rain!!!!

No wrecks! Courteous driving! officials and workers were VERY helpful (except for poor Mr. Scotto's new flame job).

I can't remember a better race. And I FINALLY won a PCA race at LRP after so many 2nds and poles.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
JimmiLew
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations to CVR and the all Racers for an amazing weekend of fast driving and awesome camaraderie! This is by far and away the best Club Race I have been to in years (they are all great, but this was event greater)!

I was also very impressed with the skillful driving of all the race groups in what has to be the least amount of incidents I have ever seen at a Club Race (particularly amongst the cup car group)!

And, congrats to all our favorite Rennlist Rookies (Paulo, et al) for a nice clean race weekend. Way to go guys!

JL
Old 04-26-2009, 12:00 AM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats again to CVR for putting on a fantastic event!
ILKO - Thank you for posting the pics, even got big blue in there.............
Old 04-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Way to go, guys. Someday, I will race LRP. I was there two years ago as a spectator and loved how it is set in the mountains.

Congrats, Paolo.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:54 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed AWESOME RACE!

Had a blast in my first PCA race but almost didnt make the start due to a mechanical. The guys in the shop did a magical last minute repair!

I wish I had been able to meet and chat with all whom I raced closely this weekend but see you at the next one! (I was racing the white Cayman with red spoilers)

Nice clean racing., It was fantastic!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats to Dan and Paolo for both having a great first race weekend. You both did awesome.

Like you guys said, what a really fun weekend. Great weather, no big wrecks, fast/close racing with great competition and great friends in the paddock. Couldn't ask for more.

Congrats to fast Fred C on an amazing run with two firsts and a new track record in D. Great work buddy, can't wait to try and catch you at the Glen.

Quick Reply: Limerock Club Race 2009!