Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Bahrain Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009 | 12:05 AM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Would the Tilkilled tracks be more fun to watch if they ran it backwards.

Guess they won't design a track that looked like a leather-clad vixen wielding a whip.
The whip and stiletto boots make nice sharp near 180 corners.
Old 04-28-2009 | 03:50 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Toyota's strategy failed due to the drivers , trulli never really delivered when he had to, so yes it was the wrong strategy for there level of drivers .
No, it failed because of poor tire choice and team strategy. The drivers did the best they could with what they had.

Toyota must surely be disappointed on missing out on their very first Formula 1 win the past weekend. While putting both its driver on the front row of the Bahrain Grand Prix, all Toyota got from it was a 3rd place from veteran Jarno Trulli. While trying to explain the Sunday misfortune, team president John Howett agreed the fault rested entirely with the tires.

Both pole sitter Trulli and second placed on the grid Timo Glock took on a low fuel strategy for the Sakhir race, so it was quite obvious they'll stop for refuel sooner than the rest of the pack. They also took on the super-soft compound in order to secure a comfortable gap between them and 3rd placed Button, but that didn't quite make it.

As argued by Howett, the Toyota duo should have stayed longer on the track during the super-soft stint. Combined with a poor run with the medium tires later on, the TF109s couldn't have possibly challenged for the race win on Sunday.

“We should have gone with the soft tire for the longer stint. We had the option to go three stop or two stop. On three we would have been stuck in traffic, so we decided to go for two. And we were worried that the soft tire would probably not hold out with the heavier fuel load and the conditions. I think strategically it was wrong. We were slower on the harder tire, and I think that is where we lost most of the advantage,” admitted Howett in an interview for British magazine Autosport.

Unless, of course, you're more privy to team inside information than the team president, in which case I, and the global media, stand corrected.
Old 04-28-2009 | 04:05 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jgrant
No, it failed because of poor tire choice and team strategy. The drivers did the best they could with what they had.

Unless, of course, you're more privy to team inside information than the team president, in which case I, and the global media, stand corrected.
"I" ............................................. Louder !

You have posted a comment by the team president as to his lost strategy , i fail to see where you fit in well apart from the nut hugging.. LOUDER !!!!

Q. Are you disappointed with what happened?

John Howett: Yes, we should have gone with the soft tyre for the longer stint. We had the option to go three stop or two stop. On three we would have been stuck in traffic, so we decided to go for two. And we were worried that the soft tyre would probably not hold out with the heavier fuel load and the conditions. I think strategically it was wrong. We were slower on the harder tyre, and I think that is where we lost most of the advantage.

Q. So it was only a strategic error?

JH: Yes I think so. Sure.
]

Think so ? .............. Louder !!!!

They should ask him which tire strategy has failed to produce a victory for Toyota in 5 yrs and 100 Billion dollars lata ! Pleaseeeeeeeeee my opinion still stands , Toyota win's diddly Squat with there current driver lineup................. LOUDER!!!!!

Toyota's Mgt has again failed to deliver, they will go into the euro leg and fall further behind as they have done no differently for the last 5 yrs, if you and the Global Media see it differently , then i stand corrected of course being a bit parched a wager could be ushered in ...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-28-2009 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-28-2009 | 09:19 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Wayne, you keep harping on having the right driver. Aside from Alonso and Hamilton, is there anyone else in your eyes who has proven to be able to win in anything less than the front-running car? And don't say Vettel. Though fast, he is un-proven over the course of a season and is currently in a front-running car.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-28-2009 | 10:52 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Larry and Jgrant,

Why do you even respond to Wayne's nonsense? It baffles me to no end that he throws crap on the wall to see who will respond. All I see from Wayne is an

Although Trulli and Glock are not front line drivers, the Toyota this year is a good car with the special diffuser able to come from pit lane and finish on the podium (Australia). At the start of the season Wayne would not have said that Button could win and yet, there he is winning 3 of 4. The car's performance is more important than the driver.

Fact: We all heard the radio transmission from Hamilton to his race engineer telling him that the Prime tires were 1 sec. per lap slower and that they would go with the super soft again for the middle stint.

Fact: Ever team went with the super soft until the very end EXCEPT FOR TOYOTA.

Fact: The Toyotas fell back in the field when they went to the Prime tire.

Fact: Driver's questioned the tire selection immediately after the race

Fact: Howett said they should have gone with the super soft for the middle stint and left the prime for the end as everyone else did.

What else is there to say? It's pretty simple. Toyota locked out the front row for qualifying. Made a mistake on which tires and I'm not saying that they would have won hands down, but they had a LEGIT chance at winning.

Finally, I have to imagine the decision to go with the Prime tires is based on what Toyota learned during off season testing at that track. THey and Ferrari were the only ones to test there and they (Toyota) must have some type of data they were banking on. But they got it wrong simply because they didn't have the type of compound in the winter that Bridgestone brought to Bahrain this past weekend.
Old 04-28-2009 | 11:09 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wayne, you keep harping on having the right driver. Aside from Alonso and Hamilton, is there anyone else in your eyes who has proven to be able to win in anything less than the front-running car? And don't say Vettel. Though fast, he is un-proven over the course of a season and is currently in a front-running car.
Larry you are wrong about Vetell , Vettel is a winner and the red bull is not all there as the brawn is , ask webbo

Trulli has always been a fast driver , he just cannot deliver and yes apart from FA ,and LH , i would only rest on Vettel and Kubica at the moment ..

These guys can win that unexpected race , the type that requires the right instincts and gutso , trulli is not that type .

You can tell from a teams driver Pr if a team is ready to win , Toyota has not done so from inception. Now they have Trulli with GLock and Glock is an utter failure for a team like Toyota as he should be consistently outpacing Trulli and he is not even close to doing so , NEXT!

Driver Pr aside , Brawn was available to these dodas before he went to Honda , did toyota move to get him...

Team Toyota is lost and will remain so. Don't think so , well look at Williams , how many races have they won since Montoya left

Trulli is a good driver , but he is not the guy you bank the team on, no matter how bad the Renault is or the Mclaren, those guys go to every race knowing their guy can pull something off if given the chance , you think Team Toyota feels this way after waiting all this time , knowing this is their last chance to do so , they brilliantly do the same thing and expect a different result !
Old 04-28-2009 | 11:16 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

PETE !

You are a nut hugging Reprobate, a legend in your own mind and ************** than a constipated Rhino , you want to have a ting and you are not my type , i tend to go for ***************************** the floor is yours and Do as i have done and use your Ignore , you can then save all of us your Drivel

Now run ***************and report .......... To everyone else my apologies for such a discourse

Edited by Bob R - no reports on this one, I saw it all by myself
Attached Images  

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-28-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-28-2009 | 11:24 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you can't debate without using 4 letter words, then this is simply not for you. Your posts speak for themselves. The attention must always be on you and when it doesn't suit you, you deflect. Grow up!
Old 04-28-2009 | 11:37 AM
John D.
Banned

......full of more **** ....now **** OFF the floor is yours....like a little Bitch ......................
I can think of a lot of things to read with my morning cup of coffee and your post wouldn't be one of them..

Want to back it down about three notches?

JD
BTW: And nope - it wasn't reported - I'm "subscribed" to this thread...
Old 04-28-2009 | 11:39 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Larry and Jgrant,

Why do you even respond to Wayne's nonsense? It baffles me to no end that he throws crap on the wall to see who will respond. All I see from Wayne is an

You call this a Debate

What some kind of Libby passive aggressive stuff here dats a personal attack followed by your inane drivel..

So yes I'm not for your passive aggressive BS , when attacked i use BIG 4 latter words followed by a roundhouse Kick ... use the ignore GO AWAY !

To everyone else my apologies for such a discourse ... Now back to the Bahrain GP !
Old 04-28-2009 | 11:47 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

PETE !

You are a nut hugging Reprobate, a legend in your own mind and full of more **** than a constipated Rhino , you want to have a ting and you are not my type , i tend to go for more than 2 inchs now **** OFF the floor is yours and Do as i have done and use your Ignore , you can then save all of us your Drivel

Now run like a little Bitch and report .......... To everyone else my apologies for such a discourse

You're still smarting from that world-class bitchslapping that SundayDriver gave you a week or two ago, I see.

Consider Pamprin next time you cramp up like this.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 04-28-2009 | 11:50 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ghay Raptor
You're still smarting from that world-class bitchslapping that SundayDriver gave you a week or two ago, I see.

Consider Pamprin next time you cramp up like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMYwNbow6EE driving school video
Professional Rats **** Coach
Whatever you say stump and raisins....................
Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2009 | 12:06 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Whatever you say stump and raisins....................
Please, enlighten us with your vast knowledge about this topic again!? Another example of staying on topic by A. Wayne. Able to destroy every thread in which he participates.

At least in the past he'd cut and paste, he's not even doing that now.
Old 04-28-2009 | 12:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Please, enlighten us with your vast knowledge about this topic again!? Another example of staying on topic by A. Wayne. Able to destroy every thread in which he participates.

At least in the past he'd cut and paste, he's not even doing that now.
You just can't buy this sort of entertainment. It is hilarious, however, how easy it was for you to get him into a full-bore spitting profanity-laced froth.

He argues/debates very much like a female. I'm just saying...

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 04-28-2009 | 12:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
You just can't buy this sort of entertainment. It is hilarious, however, how easy it was for you to get him into a full-bore spitting profanity-laced froth.

Pete
you argues/debates very much like a female.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMYwNbow6EE DE school

Professional Rats **** Coach
Nut huggers technical delite ...................................

Quick Reply: Bahrain Grand Prix