Bahrain Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S

And then watch Alonso crumble as he is teamed with some actual competition again.......
Not with a Stoolmacher like contract ..................................
Old 04-24-2009, 03:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ghay Raptor
He got his *** handed to him royally by SundayDrover, and then ran away crying for his mommy. He is too scared & embarassed to come back here anytime soon.

Professional Rat's **** Coach

....[/URL] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMYwN...eature=related

Not so , mark is too soft and easy , he got a bye after listing his life story .......
not like you Stumps, with stinkypete attached to your nut sack .....
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
That would be interesting to know. You know that during his career he had to make some calls of his own, and one thing that he never could be faulted for is race strategy. Maybe they are not listening to him anymore?
I have to disagree Larry. Those calls were basically always the right ones but 99% of them were made by Ross Brawn.
Schumi of course was driving the car so he gave his opinion what the conditions were from his point of view but those brilliant calls to go out with intermediates when others had rains (and then right after the start the rain stopped) were made by Brawn.

It's easy to see the effects of RB leaving Ferrari and joining Honda/forming his own team...
Old 04-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I have to disagree Larry. Those calls were basically always the right ones but 99% of them were made by Ross Brawn.
Schumi of course was driving the car so he gave his opinion what the conditions were from his point of view but those brilliant calls to go out with intermediates when others had rains (and then right after the start the rain stopped) were made by Brawn.

It's easy to see the effects of RB leaving Ferrari and joining Honda/forming his own team...
I don't doubt that Ross made many of the calls, but without the type of inside information that A.Wayne has we will never really know.

BTW I can't wait for Alonso to go to Ferrari next year. Whadaya think Wayne?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:08 PM
MissBehavin'
Advanced

[QUOTE=Pete;6508333]I'm picking Trulli as a dark horse in Bahrain, No option for that in the poll.

I am too late for the poll, but think Toyotas are dark horse as well.
If not Vettel , then I think it may be Glock.

He's run several types of race cars on track over years, and has the speed on straights, torque in the turns.

OMG I picked a ricer....back to Vettel
Old 04-24-2009, 06:35 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by ew928
What. You're saying NelsinHO isn't blisteringly fast.
Well, he's always quick to spin off track.

Seriously, Flava Flav has got to see that Nelsinho is not F1 material. Pinquet must have a picture of Flav with another model or goat or something because he brings nothing to the table aside from lack of competition to Alonso. I can't image he can even help Alonso with car set ups in the least bit.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:43 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nakajima is in F1 cause he's got some money support behind him.
Does Nelsinho have any Brazillian backing?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ew928
What. You're saying NelsinHO isn't blisteringly fast.
Not only isn't he fast, but Alonso is given every advantage. If you read Nelson's interview in F1 Magazine he indicates that FA did virtually all of the pre-season testing (so Nelson has far less time with the car and is forced to use FA's set-up) and he gets the worse race strategy. In China for example FA's qualifying weight was 637 kg (the lightest in the field) and NP's weight was 698 (the heaviest in the field). That's a whopping 134 extra pounds!!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:52 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Not only isn't he fast, but Alonso is given every advantage. If you read Nelson's interview in F1 Magazine he indicates that FA did virtually all of the pre-season testing (so Nelson has far less time with the car and is forced to use FA's set-up) and he gets the worse race strategy. In China for example FA's qualifying weight was 637 kg (the lightest in the field) and NP's weight was 698 (the heaviest in the field). That's a whopping 134 extra pounds!!
It doesn't matter...give Nelsinho the same exact everything and he'd still be slower than Alonso.

As for the Bahrain, Alonso no doubt will have some funky strategy like in Singapore last year (which I also believe he planned to use last race until the rains changed that)...the Brawn's and Vettel are the obvious choices but I think Trulli has a shot at a win here.

He can drive, no question about it and he can win (in Monaco no less), can the team pull it together?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:59 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
It doesn't matter...give Nelsinho the same exact everything and he'd still be slower than Alonso.

As for the Bahrain, Alonso no doubt will have some funky strategy like in Singapore last year (which I also believe he planned to use last race until the rains changed that)...the Brawn's and Vettel are the obvious choices but I think Trulli has a shot at a win here.

He can drive, no question about it and he can win (in Monaco no less), can the team pull it together?
I agree. Alonso could be in a Ford F-150 and Nelshinho in the Renault F1 and Alonso would beat him everytime. He's simply not F1 material. Period. I don't see any noticable Brazilian corporate sponsors on the Renault, but there must be some type of backing, perhaps from connections to his father, but there is no way he keeps the seat.

As easy as the Brawns are on tires, the Renaults are equally as hard on them.

The Alonso/Renault stategy last race was to start super light on the super soft tires, come in after a handful of laps and then go heavy with the prime tires. Alonso was complaining that the super softs were going away after only a few laps where the Brawns were running twice as many as both Renaults.

After practice today, Massa was saying that the super softs were working well (at least on the Ferrari) and the prime was not good at all, which means the exact opposite for the Renaults.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:52 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Not with a Stoolmacher like contract ..................................
So are you saying Big Head Fred can not drive well unless he is getting more $$$ than everyone else on the grid?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:57 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Guys help me out here...I need something clever....I have succeded in getting my wife to watch F1 (major feat,,,she is a girly girl)....she likes Nico....yeah I know. She comes to me today and says hey Nico is fastest in practice, he seems fastest in every practice and quali's well and blows it on the 1st lap....then she asks why?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:29 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdrums
Guys help me out here...I need something clever....I have succeded in getting my wife to watch F1 (major feat,,,she is a girly girl)....she likes Nico....yeah I know. She comes to me today and says hey Nico is fastest in practice, he seems fastest in every practice and quali's well and blows it on the 1st lap....then she asks why?

Nico's good and fast but can't go the distance?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Not only isn't he fast, but Alonso is given every advantage. If you read Nelson's interview in F1 Magazine he indicates that FA did virtually all of the pre-season testing !
Like Stoolmacher @ Benetton , then Ferrari !............................

Alonso had 2 laps less fuel than Vettel in cheeena ! ..........................

Larry:
Stoolmacher made a few calls himself when at Ferrari, mostly to Todt telling Barrichello to move over

MJ: Trulli has never lacked Speed , just not a winner , he needs a Brawn under him , like Button , not the type of driver to win without the best car ....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-25-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:19 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
See Jarno Trulli dating back to his days at Renault. Fantastic speed all the way up to the race, then pedals backwards. Ironically, Trulli is doing better in race pace this year...... diffuser anyone?

Quick Reply: Bahrain Grand Prix