Sponsored by:

Rennlist Lapping day at Calabogie Motorsports Park on May 8th

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 12:49 PM
brucegre
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennlist Lapping day at Calabogie Motorsports Park on May 8th

It's that time - time to get out of the snow mode and back into driving. As a way to promote the Rennlist community, Calabogie Motorsports Park is hosting a Rennlist only day on May 8th. For anyone in the North East, I guarantee you'll have a good time - the track is in fantastic shape, and the facilities are now top tier.

May 8th is the date - it's the Friday before a CMP Lapping weekend, so you can run more than one day if you want. The Friday will be Rennlist only, PM me if you are interested and I wil send you the link to sign up. Also, anyone who wants a dedicated instructor for the day, let me know and I can arrange that.

Rules are the same as the day Arnaud organizes at Mosport (ripped directly from his post and set out below) with the following exception: we will start the day with an orientation run on the track from 9:00-9:25 for anyone who is a first timer at Calabogie or who wants a refresher. Price is a discount to our regular lapping day prices in order to encourage Rennlisters to come out, if you want to run the weekend event as well, you can sign up at www.calabogiemotorsports.com .

We're aiming for about 30 Porsches, 2 run groups / 25 minutes per run (which means you spend about 25 minutes on the track per hour between 9:00am and 5:00pm, minus a lunch break) for $295.00 Cdn (about $245US) including track rental, track insurance, ambulance, corner workers and lunch.

IMPORTANT:
- Prior track experience is mandatory (no first timers please)
- Helmet is mandatory (SNELL SA2000, SA2005 or M rated helmet required)
- even though a prior vehicle Safety/Tech inspection is not required, it is the Drivers responsibility to ensure that their Porsche is safe and fit for track use (any vehicle found not to be in compliance on the day of the event will be excluded).

If you are interested, please post a positive reply on this thread or send me a PM and I will add you to the Drivers List below and send you the sign up link.

Drivers List

brucegre
jumper5836
acadian_dad
MikeB 81SC
Silver C
sjanes (I'll work on him)
fc-racer
aelliot
snowlion

Quick Reply: Rennlist Lapping day at Calabogie Motorsports Park on May 8th