Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCR @ NHMS May 18-20 (Novice Day May 18th)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NCR @ NHMS May 18-20 (Novice Day May 18th)

North Country Region still has some spots open for out May 18-20 event @ NHMS. The 18th is a Novice only day and there will be plenty of track time and instruction for all who attend. This is a perfect way to kick off the driving season and then on the 19th and 20th we will be having 2 regular DE days. Come experience this great road course with some of the best people in PCA! Heck, we will even let Matt Romanowski & John Dunkle in on this one!

See our site for infor and registration: www.ncr-pca.org
Old 04-13-2009, 12:49 PM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Here's more info - details on the novice day, guest pro-driver and coach (no extra charge).......

Novice day on May 18th will open up the season. This year our plan is to totally dedicate the day to Novice drivers, rather than try an cram too much into one day by combining it with a normal DE day. The program will include special programs for those who have never attended a Driver Education event, including car control clinics on a skid pad and slalom course, as well as classroom time with pro-driver and coach Dennis Macchio, who will be covering basic driving, driving techniques, terms, fundamentals and objectives. There will also be plenty of on-track time for Novices, including ride alongs and instructed sessions with experienced instructors. If you have never driven your car on the track and have been thinking about trying it, this is the day for you.

May 19th and 20th will be normal DE days for all run groups and Dennis Macchio will be available for individualized coaching session for drivers in all run groups.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be there, my son Samuel will be running my 968, I want Matt or Peter Faiil to instruct him:-)

May run my new car on Tues. Ray, Chris and Bogdan will be there too
Old 04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I could be there to help instruct, or blow GIANT flames at everyone....
Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper
I'll be there, my son Samuel will be running my 968, I want Matt or Peter Faiil to instruct him:-)

May run my new car on Tues. Ray, Chris and Bogdan will be there too
I don't have to tell you that this is the beginning of a long, downhill slope....
Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 427 Posts

I'll be there! Signed up and ready to go.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I don't have to tell you that this is the beginning of a long, downhill slope....

Yea I know the feeling Matt, I can tell that this is going to be fun $$. Maybe Sam in the crossle later this year????
Do you think you may be able to teach him???
Heaven knows I can't. He needs time behind the wheel just to get over the shifting thing, he's OK, but needs more experience. I can't even imagine him heel/toe shifting:-) He ain't my KID Just kidding!!

You know frankly I may need you as well, i got a 997 last fall, and for the life of me I can't drive it fast!!! I'll talk to you about it. To me it seems to have a shock issue. I DUNNO. Going to let mark drive it too see what he thinks, it maybe a set-up issue, this what I've read on here. Going to string it and set the camber as much neg. as I can..

Going to the reginonal this weekend to pick up a set of Hoosiers for the NCF, no more GY"s. I need to do the whole set-up again.. ( and you about that:-))

See you soon bud

Hi To Judy as well, is she on here???
Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Glad to see so many people going. Should be a great event!

You want Matt Romanowski to instruct your kid? Do you like your son? Only kidding, I taught Matt everything I know.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Dang it! I had to much work this week to make it up. Let me know how it is going up there! Pictures are nice as well.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:12 PM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Jay - I just came back from a morning visit up to NHMS. brrr....chilly. Wow - the whole infield is a big construction area - looks like they are putting in huge new drainage system and maybe filling part of what was not usable area. Made for challenging logistics - using the other set of garages and a different traffic pattern on/off track.

Paul
Old 05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there tomorrow with the S2. Can't wait to get on track again. I am also bringing the iRacing demo trailer. Stop by for a test drive!
Kevin
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Nice KB! I wish I could have made it up. How did it go over?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by viperbob
Wish I could be there to help instruct, or blow GIANT flames at everyone....
I don't know Bob, do you think you could still find you way around the hole we call NHMS?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

I had a great time at NHMS ( the hole) yesterday in my 997S. The infield looks like a bomb hit it, as they divert the creek that flows under the the track.
My son (18 yo) finished his 1st de in the 968, completeing the Novice day and DE without instance. That 968 is as tough a car as I've ever seen. HE"S HOOKED..

Met the famous Coochas and wife. The most pleasent people there:-) Although I didn't see the orange bomb (turbo) but they sure know how to hustle a Boxter around the 1.8 mile track. Pam and I want to give a congrats to Dave.

Impressions on the 997S.
Plenty of HP, I was able, much to my suprise, keep up and even pass a couple of newer GT3's except one full race winged thing that wouldn't allow me to get by:-) I realize the driver thingy is the biggest variable.

Sport button is a must! much better than the normal mode. Suspension and throttle map. I had a "thank god that thing has big brother yaw control" moment. Tank slapper at 119 mph. with the weird cone chicanes, that seemed to change during the day.

Mich. tyres are junk now, good grip until really hot, then rubber migration as I see on my racing slicks. there would be at least a 15-20lb increse in tyre pressure increase from cold to hot. I think i had too much pressure to begin with and I didn't fill them with nitrogen, which i wil do from now on. Oh heck with it DOT's on order

Transmission is like none other i've ever driven, including the 968 and my formula ford. Smooth, perfect gates and seemingly bullet proof.

I had high engine oil temps, around 245-250, which seems too high to me. I spoke to other 997 people they told me that these engines run hot when pushed hard. Anyone esle see this??? The ride home, oil temps at 200.

I was a little worried that RMS problems would rear it's ugly head. Nothing!!!
no oil puddles. TG I didn't experience the residual oil smoke that others have seen after running hard and shutting off.

I now know what my 1st performance Mod will be. LSD!! Not the drug
These cars need this if tracked. I couldn't get the power down. The tyres would spin with every grade change on the coarse. I had to peddle the throttle every lap just so I could have rubber to drive home on. this definatly effected lap times.

I want to say thanks to the Grattons, and the NCR for putting on a great event, I know how much work these things are to organize.. The instructors for Sam were great, although I've created a monster. Can you say Skip Barber competition school. I say finish college 1st
Old 05-20-2009, 10:30 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
I don't know Bob, do you think you could still find you way around the hole we call NHMS?
I think I remember... Been a LONG time though... 10 years to be exact. Wow time flies.

Quick Reply: NCR @ NHMS May 18-20 (Novice Day May 18th)