Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBC brakes, positive customer experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009 | 01:26 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Default EBC brakes, positive customer experience

Just thought I’d let you know about a positive customer experience I recently had.

I purchased a set of front EBC Yellow Stuff pads from a vendor in Miami.

Unfortunately their website listed the incorrect part number for my application, (993 C4S), see image pasted below, and they shipped rear pads instead.

I was bummed because I discovered this 3 days prior to a 3 day event this weekend.

I called the vendor who put me in touch with the distributor, (luckily very close to me in CA).
John R. @ EBC brakes, in Sylmar CA, was very professional and courteous. He asked me some questions and asked me to send him some photos and a drawing comparing the pads they shipped and the original Textars.

Once they understood the issue, he agreed to send me the correct pads as a replacement.
I received them yesterday, (1 day delivery !!), and installed them last night.

I’m a happy camper.

Thanks John R.
Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2009 | 01:57 PM
boss351
Instructor

They work, I got 5 days of track use out of the fronts. I liked PFC 01's more (my next pads), then switched to Pagid yellows to see how they hold up (put on new rotors at the same time). Done 5 days on the Pagids and still tons of pad left. What you save on EBC up front I don't think will compare over use. I will probably try PFC 06's next.
Old 04-02-2009 | 08:07 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

I found Pagid Blues, Blacks and the PFCs to be totally in another league to the EBCs. I'm talking at least half the stopping distance. Good luck with yours.
Old 04-02-2009 | 10:29 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Another thread on the EBCs on Rennlist now, not much love unfortunately for the EBC Yellers.

Quick Reply: EBC brakes, positive customer experience