@#$%^&* Speed TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default @#$%^&* Speed TV

What happend to the Touring Car Challenge that was supposed to be on right NOW? It was scheduled when I DVR'd it last week. Now I check from my office and Super Bikes are on. I am so tired of this crap from Speed TV. Can anyone lend me 25 or 30 million? I'll start my own damn racing channel.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm right behind you. That channel could be so good and they're blowing it.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,072 Posts

[QUOTE=Larry Herman;6437625]Can anyone lend me 25 or 30 million?/QUOTE]

You didn't get your check yet? Ask Obama for the money Just don't complain when you are asked to resign because you felt it necessary to cancel "Pimp My Ride".

If anyone out there has this kind of coin, please contact Larry. He's come up with some doozies in the past. Some would have paid off. COrrect me if I'm wrong Larry, but didn't you come up with the "Let's do a Rennlist group buy and purchase the Honda F1 Team, but I get to drive the car". Yea, that was the sticking point with some. Look where we'd be right now if people had listened.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:22 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

speed sucks! but its all we have right now.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pete
If anyone out there has this kind of coin, please contact Larry. He's come up with some doozies in the past. Some would have paid off. COrrect me if I'm wrong Larry, but didn't you come up with the "Let's do a Rennlist group buy and purchase the Honda F1 Team, but I get to drive the car". Yea, that was the sticking point with some. Look where we'd be right now if people had listened.
I have had some pretty good ideas in the past. They are usually too much before their time (like a used car locater before the internet was popular) or they just wither because of underfunding. Should have bought Texas World Speedway when I found it was for sale. Couldn't find any money then either.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:00 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But if anything NASCAR is scheduled, by gosh it will most certainly be on. They really should just change the name to NascarNetwork. Anything else is just filler.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
jslindst
Intermediate

There is still no TV listings on the World Challenge web site for either the Touring Cars or the GT Cars. I think there are actually going to combine both races into a 1 hr show this year instead of separate 1 hr shows for each race as they have done in the past.

Speed started its downward spiral when FOX bought them out & started using Speed to fulfill its mandatory number of hours of NASCAR programming per their contract. Hence, NASCAR Confidential, NASCAR Live, NASCAR in a Hurry, NASCAR Raceday, NASCAR Performance, bumping live sportscar racing for Nationwide or Truck Qualifying, and their latest contribution to the downfall of American society, NASCAR Smarts. If there are two words that don't belong next to each other its NASCAR & Smarts. Oy Vey!

Jeff
Old 03-31-2009, 03:43 PM
MDL
Racer

If there are two words that don't belong next to each other its NASCAR & Smarts.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:07 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by jslindst
Speed started its downward spiral when FOX bought them out & started using Speed to fulfill its mandatory number of hours of NASCAR programming per their contract. Hence, NASCAR Confidential, NASCAR Live, NASCAR in a Hurry, NASCAR Raceday, NASCAR Performance, bumping live sportscar racing for Nationwide or Truck Qualifying, and their latest contribution to the downfall of American society, NASCAR Smarts. If there are two words that don't belong next to each other its NASCAR & Smarts. Oy Vey!

Jeff
What? You don't think NASCAR contributes to cultural enrichment?
Attached Images   
Old 03-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

If everyone out there who hated Nascar sent me $100, we could make this thing happen!
Old 03-31-2009, 04:21 PM
George S
Instructor

Knowing Speed it is probably scheduled for 3 am. Check back then Larry. Even weekday afternoons are reserved for all things Nascar and Super Bikes.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:25 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
If everyone out there who hated Nascar sent me $100, we could make this thing happen!
The sad thing is that if everybody that LIKES Nascar would send you $100, you could pay the national debt......
Old 03-31-2009, 04:41 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

This is a good channel: http://www.motorstv.com/ - wish we could get it here...

Even when Speed actually broadcasts a race their coverage is just awful. That's why I decided to just download the Australian GP off the interwebs. Got the BBC version with Eddie Jordan and David Coulthard as commentators, along with tons of information on the race, inside scoop, team and driver interviews, etc. Sure, I had to watch everything about 12-18 hours later, but it was quality entertainment!

Does anybody know of a good site where you can download full races? I've been using mininova.org, but you only get the most recent stuff there. Anything older is just not seeded.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The day after I set my DVR for that they changed the programming. When will they show Sebring WC & Touring? I searched the guide and it is no where...

Norm
Old 03-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
If your channel includes WRC, FIA GT series and maybe some world enduro racing, I'm in!

**** it, if it includes anything racing, except NASCAR & all that lawnmower stuff etc. I'm in. No, I take it back, my minimun requirement is, it MUST include WRC, if yes, I'm so in!

Quick Reply: @#$%^&* Speed TV