Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autometrics service. Anybody cares to know??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009 | 10:31 PM
fapena
Rennlist Member

Default Autometrics service. Anybody cares to know??

I just came back from the PCA Road Atlanta Club Race weekend with the lowest of the lows and the highest of the highs. The lowest… smashed the car against the concrete wall in turn 4 during the third session of the weekend in a pouring rain. The highest… won my class (GTC3) twice (maybe three times, results pending) after the car got fixed.

And that is the point of this post. The car got fixed by an amazingly titanic, professional, ethical, and elegant act by Autometrics Motorsports. With just a very minimum and very short previous relationship with them, they were kind enough to take ownership of my mess, commit themselves for a fully successful result and merge forces (Farnbacher Loles did the alignment on their rack and volunteer engineering assistance) for me to continue driving and eventually win some races.

I had the pleasure to meet Gordon, Cory and Adam Friedman and all I have to say is that their level of honesty, willingness to help out, and improve things, is overwhelming. Then you would think that they charged me through the nose taking advantage of the situation, nothing farther from reality. Their honesty and commitment to a long term relationship continued being a recurrent theme during the weekend as well as their down to earth approach, which blew me away in several occasions.

It could be obvious but I want to state loud and clear that I have no affiliation with them and I am only trying to make all of you aware of their quality of work and ethical (VERY rare these days with a declining racing business) approach to clients. Anybody who is planning to do some work on a Porsche Cup car and doesn’t talk to them before taking the first step, in my opinion, would be the biggest fool ever…. I guarantee you will not regret to hear what Gordon Friedman has to say.

I can assure you they have got my long term loyalty to them for a very, very, veeeery long time…

Thank you Autometrics for the most memorable weekend of the past 10 years of my life…

FAP
Old 03-30-2009 | 11:09 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

I remember seeing your car on the farnbacher-loles alignment rack, I agree the mechanics did a great job of getting you back on the road.
Old 03-31-2009 | 10:28 AM
fapena
Rennlist Member

Didn't mean to down play the work done by Farnabacher and his mechanics... Without them, the car would have not felt as good as it did. Also big thanks to them.

I was trying to report on my experience with Autometrics and how genuine and sincere the whole deal was. They are undeniable first class in my mind...

FAP
Old 03-31-2009 | 10:45 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Fernando,
It's always great to hear stories like yours and they are not uncommon. The people that club race and the teams that support them are the best.

Great racing this weekend. You were flying!
Jim

Last edited by JimB; 03-31-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2009 | 10:47 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Autometrics are great people!!!! Glad you got to race, nice job out there.
Old 03-31-2009 | 03:49 PM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Always the best IMHO. When you run with these guys, you feel like you are running with your family.
Old 03-31-2009 | 03:55 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Absolutely + 1 on Autometrics.
While I've never been a client, I've worked with Adam and met Cory. Its a terrific team of people with the best of values.
Old 04-01-2009 | 07:29 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

I just found this thread - sorry, I didn't see it yesterday. I just want to thank you for posting something nice about good people. What a refreshing change. Gordon and Cory and Adam are also a lot of fun to be with at the track... when they aren't so busy making sure everything is in great running order...

Thank you.
Old 04-01-2009 | 08:15 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Autometrics are great guys, down to everyone on the crew.

Quick Reply: Autometrics service. Anybody cares to know??